Russia 'could destroy NATO ships in Black Sea within 20 minutes'

I would suggest that it is more a show of NATO "unity" than a humanitarian mission myself.

Russia needs to pin the mouths of it's generals closed in a big way- this is just a single comment among many lately that only proves Moscow has no control over it's generals.

I wonder if he realizes that if it came to war with the US (yet alone all of NATO) Russia wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in hell on any front? Armored warfare, air superiority, infantry, or naval blue water operations. The Soviet union was shattered but i think he thinks they still have the same military.

So one tell me why a strike group is delivering humanitarian supplies not much room on USCGC DALLAS for those supplies I served 3 years on her sister ship USCGC JARVIS. They can carry some supplies but not all that much.
Russia attacked another country unprovoked. They have an itchy trigger finger here, and it is better to go in armed for bear, than to go in with just food and water. If they WOULD attack, I think they underestimate our ships in the region. Granted, a coast guard cutter isn't much in the form of defense....but the Navy destroyer thats there is. And the cutter can hold more aid than a destroyer. Plus, I'm sure we have subs in the area as well. :bored:

Question

I know this is slightly off the wall but is it possible to slip a US sub in there? A sub could really off-set that Russian Cruiser battle-wagon type ship that has more missile then a missile factory? I guess if something did happen it would be hard to get a billion dollar plus dollar sub & crew out.

Since most of Russia's Su-27s can't fire their best missile AA-12, lack training hours, using dumb bombs mostly on their Su-24, older T-72BM tanks, and many others problems how good could their navy be trained and equipped?

Not to sound too anti-Russian but most of their weapons and tactics sound early to mid 80s in tech levels and are not very modern at all. How well can you trained somebody who doesn't want to be there in the first in most cases in a two year period? My two cents the level of training, equipment, maintenance, and leaderships rates Russia's military far down the food chain if push came to shove.

Russia's government cares more about selling modern Su-30s to customers then providing for their own AF. Both India and China have more modern Flankers and have more Flankers capable of firing their best radar guided missile then Russia does itself.

Russia attacked another country unprovoked. They have an itchy trigger finger here, and it is better to go in armed for bear, than to go in with just food and water. If they WOULD attack, I think they underestimate our ships in the region. Granted, a coast guard cutter isn't much in the form of defense....but the Navy destroyer thats there is. And the cutter can hold more aid than a destroyer. Plus, I'm sure we have subs in the area as well. :bored:

You have to look at the situation from their point of view before you say things like UN-Provoked looks to me like putting a hostile alliance on their boarder is provocation. Rubbing their nose in the Cold War Loss is porvocation. Putting Missiles on thier boarder is Porvocation, allowing an allie to attack an area with thier peace keepers in it and 90 percent of the population has Russian Passports under cover of the Olympics a tradutional time of peace is Porvocation

How much do we have to jerk thier chain before they act? Objectivly who is provoking who here?

We have an old saying "Screw with the Bull get the horn" in this case "screw with the Bear get MAULED"

That statement is a warning!

I agree with Topmaul. Please forgive that I hold the opposite view with most of you. No body like War - including Russian, American. Expecially these 2 countries are with nuclear weapon, You can image the result will be deadly.

Well, I think the world should be based on principles of friendship, fellow feeling and brotherly love.

Until that time comes I like air superiority fighters, attack submarines, main battle tanks and helicopter gunships.

We probably do have to live with the fact that the Black Sea is Russia's pond.

You have to look at the situation from their point of view before you say things like UN-Provoked looks to me like putting a hostile alliance on their boarder is provocation. Rubbing their nose in the Cold War Loss is porvocation. Putting Missiles on thier boarder is Porvocation, allowing an allie to attack an area with thier peace keepers in it and 90 percent of the population has Russian Passports under cover of the Olympics a tradutional time of peace is Porvocation

How much do we have to jerk thier chain before they act? Objectivly who is provoking who here?

We have an old saying "Screw with the Bull get the horn" in this case "screw with the Bear get MAULED"

That statement is a warning!
My allegiance is 100% with the USA, however you do have a very valid point Topmaul.

That is in no way an anti US sentiment, it is just common sense.

Countries like the Ukraine and Georgia are trying hard to become a part of the NATO alliance so that the Soviets don't show up again because they know first hand just how much it sucks to be under their control.
Georgia should have been more careful about the whole Russia thing.
Before we declare that Georgia should simply get rid of those two regions, we have to ask ourselves about the terrain or what other benefits those two areas have. It could be like the Georgian version of the Sudetenland.

If you listen long enough to the Soviets, they'll tell you that they invented water and breathing.

Simple answer to their actions. They (Soviets) invade an allied Democratic Nation (Georgia). We (The Good Guys) go in loaded for bear and help our friends (Georgia).

If the Russkies don't like that then they can either STFU or they can play the game. Simple as that....

Back