Russia Celebrates 65th anniversary of Victory Day

Stealthy!

I cant watch any videos because I am at work, but I am really eager to see how it went.

An issue was raised with the issue of Stalins picture being displayed, but I think people are just being too ignroant about that all.

Anybody got any opinions on the whole parade?

Damn, good link!

You got to admit, these guys sure know how to make a good military parade! Wish I was there...

MAY 9th is a hoax, they are celebrating the wrong date: This hoax was forged by and on order of Stalin and only followed by the ex Soviet republics (and Israel, who changed the day from MAY 8 to 9 in the year 2000...??).

MAY Eigth is vicory day in Europe, that is historic fact (surrender was signed MAY 7 in Reims, that the Soviet signer was later not authorized because Stalin was - understandably, I might add - drunk should never haave changed the historic facts. I am currently involved in a heavy discussion about this and (while - especially as German - I might be coming over nit picking) there are serious consequences that have to be taken into consideration for the two dates.

For those interested in detail, more details on the discussion here: http://www.warandtactics.com/smf/world-war-ii/may-9-russian-victory-day/msg14029/?topicseen#new

Rattler

I was interested to see that NATO troops participated in the parade. is this the new "entente cordiale"? Or are the politicians just being a little bit more savvy by smiling to the face and stabbing each other in the back?

Seriously I do wonder if this is the forbear of some more public gestures of unity, for the West it would be against Iran, for Russia, would it be China? Or is it Iran for them as well?

lol The Turkmen guy rode out on a white horse, supposedly a direct descendant of Zhukov's legendary stallion on which he led the original 1945 Victory Parade:
232348191.jpg
USSR_1945_Victory_Parad.jpg

MAY 9th is a hoax, they are celebrating the wrong date: This hoax was forged by and on order of Stalin and only followed by the ex Soviet republics (and Israel, who changed the day from MAY 8 to 9 in the year 2000...??).

MAY Eigth is vicory day in Europe, that is historic fact (surrender was signed MAY 7 in Reims, that the Soviet signer was later not authorized because Stalin was - understandably, I might add - drunk should never haave changed the historic facts. I am currently involved in a heavy discussion about this and (while - especially as German - I might be coming over nit picking) there are serious consequences that have to be taken into consideration for the two dates.

For those interested in detail, more details on the discussion here: http://www.warandtactics.com/smf/world-war-ii/may-9-russian-victory-day/msg14029/?topicseen#new

Rattler

If Stalin was Russian, I'd believe you he was drunk. But, unfortunately for you, Stalin was Georgian. Georgians if they drink at all only drink wine and they rarely get drunk, at least what we Russians consider drunk, too drunk to sign a declaration. Not possible.

Either way given the reason I would be doing my best to get drunk off my arse as well.

My understanding (and it could be wrong) is that Germany surrendered to the West on the 7th at Reims with the ceasefire coming into effect on the 8th, there was then a second signing in Berlin for the Russians on the 8th with the official ceasefire being on the 9th in the East.

It is all a bit of a storm in a teacup because there ceasefire was in place on the 8th just not ratified by the Russians.

So in the interests of political appeasement this time I think everyone is right.

Back