Running quote list

crazytanker

I find a bunch of quotes - not always military - so I'm going to have a running list 'ere. Feel free to add or what have you.

"F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run or Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours." ~Zig Ziglar

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it, you will land among the stars."

~Les Brown~

" Human beings are made up of flesh and blood, and a miracle fiber called courage."

~ George Patton ~

I will choose a path
That's clear
I will choose freewill!
(mine will mostly come from songs)
.....Rush....Neil Peart

"A dad's love is a special kind of love. It can protect you from the boogyman and everything else that hides underneath the shadows. It can comfort you when you are hurting, even though the giver of that love is hurting as well. It's the first to forgive, when you have wronged." ~Unknown

He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.

~ Muhammad Ali ~

There are some things which cannot
be learned quickly,and with time,which is all we have,
must be paid heavily for their acquiring.
They are the very simplest things,
and because it takes a man's life to know them
the little new that each man gets from life
is very costly and the only heritage
he has to leave.
Hemingway
(had my brother read this at memorial dinner for my Dad..per me..he always loved thesketch and meaning behind it-I didn't go. Just went through hospice)

Last edited:
Art is not a pleasure, a solace, or an amusement; art is a great matter. Art is an organ of human life, transmitting man's reasonable perception into feeling.

~ Leo Tolstoy ~

Art is not a pleasure, a solace, or an amusement; art is a great matter. Art is an organ of human life, transmitting man's reasonable perception into feeling.

~ Leo Tolstoy ~

It is part of you. Art comes from the gut. Thanks for listening.

Last edited:
"There are two men I respect more than any other: My dad for teaching me to try, my Drill Sergeant for teaching me to succeed." ~Unknown

"Do not be afraid if a Drill Sergeant takes extra time to torment you. For they are masters of their craft; that of which is to turn boys into soldiers, daddy's princesses into warrior queens. You should be afraid if they do not." ~Lt. Wilkes "The Hammer"

Used to we could just say making boys into soldiers. Now-a-days we can't forget girls because someone always has to get offended. As I've said before, I don't see male or female.

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

~William Shakespeare~

Back