Running quote list

I'm an idealist, I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way.

~ Carl Sandburg ~

For luck you carried a horse chestnut and
A rabbit's foot in right pocket. The fur had
Been worn off the rabbit's foot long ago
And the bones and the sinews were
Polished by wear. The claws scratched
In the lining of your pocket and you knew
Your luck was still there.

Ernest Hemingway ~A Moveable Feast

If you possess something but you can't give it away, then you don't possess it...it possesses you.
~ Frank Sinatra ~

th

Defeat is a state of mind;
No one is ever defeated
Until defeat has been
Accepted as a reality.
-Bruce Lee

You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, love like you'll never be hurt, sing like there's nobody listening, and live like it's heaven on earth.

~ William W. Purkey ~

"You know how to whistle Steve?
Put your lips together and blow.."
-Lauren Bacall
To Have or Have Not

"Science may have found a cure
For most evils; But it has found
No remedy for the worst of them
All-- the apathy of human beings."
~Helen Keller

There is no coming to consciousness without pain.

Masses are always breeding grounds of psychic epidemics.

~ Carl Jung ~

If Heaven exists, to know that there's laughter, that would be a great thing.

Robin Williams

Blessed are they who
See beautiful things
On humble places
Where others see
Nothing

- Camille Pissarro

Last edited:
A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

~ George Bernard Shaw ~

"Drill Sergeants have a unique position in the military. They are caregiver, nurse, teacher, lawyer, and a hard dose of reality. They don't fit the typical mold of those things, but they are."

"Drill Sergeants have a unique position in the military. They are caregiver, nurse, teacher, lawyer, and a hard dose of reality. They don't fit the typical mold of those things, but they are."

Crazytanker,
I really, really want to thank you for this quote. Hits very much home. I'm no Drill Sergeant, but a Step mom to a now twenty year old( son) & a thirty year old! daughter...she calls me Ma or Mama. Hopefully sometimes they listen. I think they do every now and then. But I am there too to straighten them out about a few things. Both have a long way to go. I hope that life won't be that hard on them. But I keep rock steady, as always.

Dadsgirl

Crazytanker,
I really, really want to thank you for this quote. Hits very much home. I'm no Drill Sergeant, but a Step mom to a now twenty year old( son) & a thirty year old! daughter...she calls me Ma or Mama. Hopefully sometimes they listen. I think they do every now and then. But I am there too to straighten them out about a few things. Both have a long way to go. I hope that life won't be that hard on them. But I keep rock steady, as always.

Dadsgirl

See, that's just the thing. Few people realize what a DS/DI actually does. It's not all military training, PT, etc, although that is 60% of it. When we get a class of fresh recruits, we have to start from the basics. We have to teach them EVERYTHING. How to make a bed, how to get dressed, how to square their uniform, how to clean the bathroom, how to shower, etc. If a recruit gets over heated, dehydrated, they're still our responsibility. We get a medic or whatever to help that recruit. And more than anything, we push recruits to new heights. We show them what hard work, team work, blood, sweat, and ol' fashioned motivation can accomplish.

"Drill Sergeants are both demolition crew and construction crew. They must break recruits down so that they have the same building materials for all. Then they must create Soldiers from those materials."

Back