Running quote list

Seize the moment and be happy, love and be loved! That is the only reality of the world, all else is folly.

~ Leo Tolstoy ~
'War and Peace'

It always seems impossible until it's done

~Nelson Mandela

Robbens Island

Last edited:
"I am only one, and I can only do so much on my own. I have limits, and I have breaking points. But I am also a part of a team. And together, we can accomplish more. We will overcome, and we will carry on. One of me can do great things. The team can do extraordinary things. I am only one. But I carry the force of all."

whether you pushed
or pulled me
drained me or fueled me
loved me or left me
hurt me or helped me
you are a part of my growth
and no kidding
I thank you!!!

"My promise to you, is this: I will make you into a combat-ready Soldier. But more importantly, I will make you a confident, and Worldly individual. I cannot force you to stand when you trip and fall, but I can show you how to stand. I cannot force you to carry on when your pack is heavy, but I can show you the road to follow. I cannot promise you the World, but I can give you the tools to make it your own. As long as you always take one more step forward, I will refill your canteen." ~Drill Sergeant's Promise

If I have posted this already, too bad, I like it.

You know you are
On the right track
When you become
Uninterested in
Looking back

Holding a grudge
Is letting someone
Live rent free
In your head

I have subconsciously held grudges for years. When I started forgiving, I mean REALLY forgiving - not forgetting, I felt better physically. There were six people. I am down to two -ish. I even forgave the ex. That was a big one! Some just haven't grown...yet, they might never. Whadya going to do?! Let go..if you can.

Last edited:
Life is one big road
With lots of signs, so
When you riding
Through the ruts,
Don't you complicate
Your Mind!
~Bob Marley

"Have you ever noticed that you've never, not once, received a bill in the mail for the cost of your freedom? That's because it's already been paid for."

Givers need
To set limits
Because
Takers rarely
Do.

(I absolutely loved when I started to say no. What a pleasure it was!)
-Rachel Wolchin

Last edited:
Blessed are the forgetful: for they get the better even of their blunders.

~ Freidrich Neitzsche ~

A 'no' uttered from the deepest conviction
Is better than a 'yes' merely uttered to please,
Or worse , to avoid trouble.
~Mahatma Gandhi

One can know a man from his laugh, and if you like a man's laugh before you know anything of him, you may confidently say that he is a good man.

~Fyodor Dostoevsky~

The greatness of a man is
Not how much wealth he acquires,
But in his integrity and his ability
To affect those around him
Positively

~Bob Marley

Don't think I've posted this before. Early, no Java, must go through minor medical procedure today - that is why:

You make a living by what you get;
You make a life by what you give -

~Winston Churchill

Back