Running quote list - Page 2

--
Boots

June 19th, 2014  
dadsgirl

There are some things which cannot
be learned quickly,and with time,which is all we have,
must be paid heavily for their acquiring.
They are the very simplest things,
and because it takes a man's life to know them
the little new that each man gets from life
is very costly and the only heritage
he has to leave.
Hemingway
(had my brother read this at memorial dinner for my Dad..per me..he always loved thesketch and meaning behind it-I didn't go. Just went through hospice)
June 20th, 2014  
Sara

Art is not a pleasure, a solace, or an amusement; art is a great matter. Art is an organ of human life, transmitting man's reasonable perception into feeling.

~ Leo Tolstoy ~
June 20th, 2014  
dadsgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
Art is not a pleasure, a solace, or an amusement; art is a great matter. Art is an organ of human life, transmitting man's reasonable perception into feeling.

~ Leo Tolstoy ~
It is part of you. Art comes from the gut. Thanks for listening.
--
Boots
June 20th, 2014  
crazytanker

"There are two men I respect more than any other: My dad for teaching me to try, my Drill Sergeant for teaching me to succeed." ~Unknown
June 21st, 2014  
dadsgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazytanker
"There are two men I respect more than any other: My dad for teaching me to try, my Drill Sergeant for teaching me to succeed." ~Unknown
Never say never...my Pop

thanks, your qoute.It meant a great deal to me.
June 21st, 2014  
crazytanker

"Do not be afraid if a Drill Sergeant takes extra time to torment you. For they are masters of their craft; that of which is to turn boys into soldiers, daddy's princesses into warrior queens. You should be afraid if they do not." ~Lt. Wilkes "The Hammer"
June 21st, 2014  
dadsgirl

Again, uncanny.
My given name means warrior maiden.
June 21st, 2014  
crazytanker

Used to we could just say making boys into soldiers. Now-a-days we can't forget girls because someone always has to get offended. As I've said before, I don't see male or female.
June 22nd, 2014  
dadsgirl

"To Thine Own Self Be True"
June 23rd, 2014  
Sara

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

~William Shakespeare~