Run Away, Run Away

Mr KillKill

Back in the 90’s, my Reserve unit assisted 3RAR to play enemy for the Officer Cadets from Duntroon. I was paired with a 3RAR soldier and one night we attacked a section of cadets who had harbored up for the night. To our surprise, instead of firing back, there was a lot of yelling and screaming and then silence, when we went to check the area we found that the cadets had hightailed it out of the area. On further inspection we found plenty of equipment left behind due to the exploding-pack syndrome, including a battery and butt-plate from an AN/PRC 77 set. We both got a chuckle at the thought of the Sig trying to get a contact report through and not knowing why he wasn’t getting a response on the radio.
The following morning they got a dressing down from their DS and a lecture about the difference between a tactical retreat and a Monty Python version of “Run Away Run Away”.

lol I couldnt stop laughing at that. Nice! That kindof sounded like a paintball match me and 30 other people had. The OPFOR was dug in in a pretty deep ditch, and we had guys go around to the other side and started firing away. What was funny about it is that they sounded just like that guy on Monty Python and the Holy Grail "RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY"!!!!

Back