Rules regarding the American flag

I bet 90% of Americans have no idea about most of these. There's only a couple that I was unfamiliar with.

Kool, very good info....eventhough, Texas is the only state flag that can be flown at the same height as our US flag....It's usually not flown that way though...for respect purposes :)

I know about them all. Been taught about it many times when I was in the JROTC....

Kool, very good info....eventhough, Texas is the only state flag that can be flown at the same height as our US flag....It's usually not flown that way though...for respect purposes :)

I'm pretty sure that's a myth. The most prevelant reasoning I've heard for it is because Texas was its own country. So were California, Hawaii, and Vermont. From the reading it seems that ALL flags can be flown at the same height - just not above and/or to the right of the American flag.

Oh and turn the Texan flag upside down and it's the same as NC ;-) because many of its early leaders were either born or at least lived in NC before moving to TX. So . . .you're welcome.

I can say I've never mis-hung a flag either.

I do have to say though...am I the only one that's horribly IRRITATED at the stupid people blatently breaking these rules????

Interesting to note that the proper method of disposing of the U.S. flag is by burning. The next time you see some foreigners burning the U.S. flag you can say "Well at least they know the proper method of disposing of the flag."

I can say I've never mis-hung a flag either.

I do have to say though...am I the only one that's horribly IRRITATED at the stupid people blatently breaking these rules????

No your not I spent too much time defending this country to not be offended.

Interesting to note that the proper method of disposing of the U.S. flag is by burning. The next time you see some foreigners burning the U.S. flag you can say "Well at least they know the proper method of disposing of the flag."

Ya know I have never understood that myself until it was explained to me, when a Flag is burned due to being unsurvivable, its considered a honorable way to destroy it. But if somebody burns a Flag in malace against the United States, its considered a act of aggression. I still have problems with the whole burning thing, but I guess if thats teh code, then sombody that makes teh flag code needs to have a cup of coffee and rethink the whole burning thing.

It's a pretty bad mistake, especially for a Police Department, but it wasn't done intentionally to disrespect the flag.
Nowadays there are so many rules regarding so many things it's like people should be taking law classes in high school.

I didn't even read the story I just looked at eth picture and wondered how a public services dept could hang the U.S.Flag backwards.

Back