Ruger likely developing an AR-15

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Ruger has just released their disastrous third quarter results. Their share price fell 37.71% as of Wednesdays close!

rgr-basic-chart-for-sturm-ruger-and-co-yahoo-finance.jpg

This graph shows the last three months of Ruger (RGR) trading.

Their CEO, Michael O. Fifer, wrote a letter to Ruger shareholders. He had this to say:

For decades, Ruger introduced innovative designs on a regular basis, stimulating consumer demand. That strength has waned in the past few years with the passing of Bill Ruger, Sr. and a weakening of the product development resources at Ruger.

Nothing new here. It has taken them 20 years to clone the Glock pistol and produce the recently released SR9 striker fired pistol.

He goes on to say:

Ruger has not participated in some of the fastest growing segments of the consumer firearms market. These segments, which include AR-15 style rifles, compact carry pistols and revolvers, and striker-fired, auto-loading pistols, have recently been the engines of growth in the consumer firearms market.

Several of our top distributors have experienced growth rates in one or more of these categories in excess of 40% for the first nine months of the year. We plan to develop products for several of these markets. We recently had a very successful launch of our new striker-fired, auto-loading pistol, the Ruger SR9.

They have already launched a striker fired pistol and a compact carry pistol so that leaves revolvers and AR-15 rifles.

Remington, one of their major competitors in the rifle market, have just announced their first line of AR-15 hunting rifles, the R-15.

The Remington R-15

picture-2-5.png

I think Ruger will announce an AR-15 hunting rifle this time next year.

Ruger Ar-15 Rifle

ruger-ar-15-rifle-tm.jpg

(The above photo is obviously photoshopped.)

It makes perfect sense. The black, or more politically correct, camo rifles are what is selling.

I wish they would make easier to remember terminology, could you imagine being shot at, scared to death, messing your drawers and you can't remember the numbers and letters of the stupid weapon your trying to ask your buddy for? Child Proof on steroids I suppose.

Arn't there enough M-16\AR-15 copies out there? What ever happened to innovation instead of releasing another "me too" product. And note, what I am saying doesn't just apply to firearms.

Arn't there enough M-16\AR-15 copies out there? What ever happened to innovation instead of releasing another "me too" product. And note, what I am saying doesn't just apply to firearms.

With more manufacturers pumping out AR-15s to the market it does three things.

1. It allows more options for the rifle. The AR-15 is like a Honda Civic of the rifle market. There is the base model and then there is everything else.
2. It lowers prices of the rifle and makes it more mainstream. More manufacturers means more buyers.
3. It sends a message to anti-gunners. It says that even the fudd hunting only single shot bolt action rifle companies must jump in the market or go broke. Citizens want AR-15s. They work for everything. Target Shooting, Hunting, Self Defense, Plinking, Collecting, etc....

Back