Ruger 10/22

OORAH

hello all,

i just bought a new ruger 10/22, and am very pleased with her. I was wondering if any of you guys had any good advice, maintaince, shooting tips, or upgrades that would be worthwhile. I am thinking about upgrading the standard barrel to a bull barrel, and adding a synthetic stock. any other suggestions?

-OORAH

The Ruger 10/22 is one great little plinker. I have one that is at least ten years old and has never been cleaned. And since I've owned it I puty at least 1000 round through it weekly. As for the bull barrel and such. Go right ahead. I think it's a waste of time. But than again, I have the Ruger 10/22 for plinking and not highly accurate shooting. Longest shot I take with my Ruger 10/22 is 50 yards iron sights. For long range .22LR work I use a Marlin Glenfield with it's mirco barrel.

Great guns and they take a licking and keep on ticking.

thanks 5.56. I know you dont really need to put the bull barrel on, i think its a nice addition (it doesnt hurt that the whole package is a gift from mommy and daddy)

I still have my Marlin Glenfield from when I squirrel hunted. One trip, there were several of us and one guy had a Remington auto he was proud of. Piece of junk. It jammed when it got the least bit dirty and my old Marlin just kept on putting squirrels in the stew pot.

i have a marlin bolt action .22lr, works like a charm. My dad went to a gun shop today on his way home from work, and spotted a walnut stock for a 10/22 designed to hold a bull barrel. He said it was marked 100 bucks. is that a good price?

Great rifle choice! I don't know what you plan on hunting but me and my brothers have sent plenty of cats to their maker. We flush em out of the brush with a Mossberg .410 pumper (not that great), and finish the job with the old Ruger. That strategy works well in the country. Now you can start gallivanting on felines!

I have a completely unmodified 10/22 that's seen more rounds than I care to think about. It's a cheap way to learn how to shoot from the hip for certain. Just for the entertainment I've gotten out of it over the years, it's one of my favorite pieces.

There are a million and one different things you can bolt on/replace/etc. I know a few who swear by replacing the trigger group. Guess that's personal preference. My preference is no to spend as much on a trigger group as the rifle cost me. :D

Back