Rugby World Cup 2012

Well, watch the French kickers that will be the only danger area I think for the All Blacks????
The forward pack will give them little trouble.
Just stocked up the beer fridges and the BBQ is ready for tonight.

Well, watch the French kickers that will be the only danger area I think for the All Blacks????
The forward pack will give them little trouble.
Just stocked up the beer fridges and the BBQ is ready for tonight.

I am more worried about French acting then their kickers, the French seem to be masters at throwing themselves on the ground and rolling around in agony at any opportunity only to suddenly be healthy and happy the second the ref blows the whistle.

In fact the "Hollywood" is one thing that has started to infect rugby at this event and needs to be stamped on very quickly or rugby will go the way of European soccer and be a haven for primadonna's.

Why is Cooper public enemy in rugby? I know his history or roots but this is rugby. Good nature and sportsmanship is what seperates it from other sports.

Why is Cooper public enemy in rugby? I know his history or roots but this is rugby. Good nature and sportsmanship is what seperates it from other sports.

The short version, he is a twat of epic proportions.

Oh and he is New Zealand born so his Granny and Mother came out to tell us to stop picking on him which was kind of funny.

The long version is that he joined the Australian team when it won a couple of games over New Zealand and he went over board trying to rub it in, in the process he put his knee into the head of the New Zealand captain (and was fined by his own players for it) which annoyed a lot of Kiwi's.

He then came out to the World Cup where he declared himself "public enemy number 1" and then promptly had a series of terrible games culminating in the New Zealand v Australia semi-final when every time he got near the ball he either got monstered by the crowd or by an All Black usually both.

But I will leave the last word of this to probably the best Australian rugby player ever Nich Farr-Jones (very well respected in the rugby world)...

Farr-Jones, who led Australia to World Cup glory in 1991, blasted Cooper for not respecting McCaw and warned it could backfire if the Wallabies meet the All Blacks in the Rugby World Cup final next month.
"I'm pretty sure, if by chance we end up playing together on October 23, it might just come back and bite him on the arse," Farr-Jones said.
"There's no doubt it could come back and bite you and it won't be just him, it will be the whole squad that will be impacted by it."
Cooper, 23, targeted McCaw with a string of taunts, shoves and digs in the recent Tri-Nations series but escaped punishment after kneeing the New Zealand skipper in the face after the contact was deemed accidental.
Since his arrival in New Zealand for the Rugby World Cup, Cooper has revelled in his self-declared role as the country's "public enemy number one", attracting a chorus of boos from locals whenever he touches the ball.

New Zealanders' animosity to the fly-half is only deepened by the fact that he was born a Kiwi but moved to Australia as a teenager.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ru...Cooper-boofhead-for-Richie-McCaw-baiting.html

Do not assume this is a Kiwi v Australia thing as we are very close rugby playing nations thanks to the amount of games we play against each other yearly and the two teams are very evenly matched in terms of quality and Quade Cooper I suspect has pissed off as many of his own team mates as he has All Blacks.

Well, the Wallabies won, Quade Cooper not being on the field definatley helped us!!!

I thought after the first 10 minutes you guys were going to run away with it but then the injuries set in and I think cohesion fell apart.

Last edited:
True on your last. Fair amount of claret spilt on the night. This series has been shocking for that!
Whats the media build up like over tomorrows game????? Its pretty quiet here in Oz.

True on your last. Fair amount of claret spilt on the night. This series has been shocking for that!
Whats the media build up like over tomorrows game????? Its pretty quiet here in Oz.

Media wise it is pretty quiet here as well today, obviously it is making the sports news but for the most part the stranded ship off the coast and the earthquake/tsunami warning from Raoul island are dominating the news.

I imagine it is a bit different in Auckland however as that will ne one giant party for the next 24 hours followed by an even bigger party or depression.

Last edited:
Auckland central is great tonight, good atmosphere and heaps of people. The price for a drink isnt too ridiculous either- though 'party central' charges 7 bucks for a glass which is probably a third of a beer

The final starts in three hours, Auckland central is absolutely packed! I came in at three for a few beers and the bars were already packed. Its a great atmosphere and nearly everyone is wearing black! Go the AB's!

The final starts in three hours, Auckland central is absolutely packed! I came in at three for a few beers and the bars were already packed. Its a great atmosphere and nearly everyone is wearing black! Go the AB's!

Yeah it looks pretty lively, I flew out of Auckland this morning for Linton and pretty much everyone was getting ready for a good night.

As for the AB's I hope they can repeat the intensity of last weekend and take this thing out but if they don't I am not sure it will detract from how well the cup has gone.

Hate to say I told so mate,...but "TOLD YA SO"! :-D

And as a bonus, odds here are 100-1 we get our ass totally kicked next week.

My turn to say "TOLD YA SO!", France played an awesome game and if the French press had written them off then I would suggest France owe that team a very big apology.

****ing fuuuuuuuuck!!!!

I am sensing some stress?

Always remember 1 point is as good as 1000, it was a brilliant game by two teams with a great deal of desire to lift the trophy

Wow! You were sensing some serious stress! I thought my dad might have a bloody stroke! I had to go out for a smoke a 3/4 time to try relax!

So - the Webb-Ellis is in the bag after all the trumpeting, by virtue of a desperate kicking game and high tackles - 8-7!

And we see that, even with home advantage, the difference between the Northern hemisphere and the Southern amounts to certainly no more than 1 point.

Truthfully, France played the better Rugby and were very unfortunate.

Get real. Oh, and congratulations .

So - the Webb-Ellis is in the bag after all the trumpeting, by virtue of a desperate kicking game and high tackles - 8-7!

And we see that, even with home advantage, the difference between the Northern hemisphere and the Southern amounts to certainly no more than 1 point.

Truthfully, France played the better Rugby and were very unfortunate.

Get real. Oh, and congratulations .

Wow that sounds like sour grapes, way to run down the efforts of both teams man.

As for the idea that there is a 1 point difference between Northern and Southern Hemisphere teams you keep dreaming because as I have pointed out right from the very start France may be located in the Northern Hemisphere but they do not play like an NH team hence the reason they are respected in this part of the world.

As for whether France played better well in some areas they did but if they can not translate those advantages into points then I would not describe then as unfortunate and had all the kicks at goal gone over New Zealand would have won by a few more.

It is pleasing to see a good hard fought final by two evenly matched teams.

Oh and just to prove that I have not swapped ships in some politically correct "good game" stance I draw your attention to post number 2...

Meh, I kind of hope the French win this one well basically I will be ok as long as England or Wales don't win it.

Happiness filled from my point of view.

Last edited:
France left the game behnd them and dare I say if the game wasnt in NZ, webb might be speaking french!

Back