Rugby World Cup 2012 - Page 4

--

October 9th, 2011  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwick
Too bad to the Boks they played a great game I thought. Quade Cooper better lift his friggn' game though.... too many mistakes!
The current match is going well between the Argies and NZ.Some great plays by both sides. Picked against the popular team and have some money on the Argentinians.
Yeah all I can say is thank the stars Quade Cooper plays for you guys.

See I don't have a lot of sympathy for the Boks, if you cant score tries you shouldn't win tests.

The Argentinian match was an interesting one, Argentina played like Ireland, slow the ball up and when in trouble give away penalties.
October 9th, 2011  
BritinAfrica

Well played Aussie
October 9th, 2011  
bulldogg

Going to be some good rugby in the semi's.
--
October 10th, 2011  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
Going to be some good rugby in the semi's.
Sadly I am not sure it will be all that good for NZ, we are down to our 5th choice first five and our 3rd choice full back, we are now pulling in people who haven't played rugby in 2 months to play in a semi-final but I guess that is the nature of the game we will just have to go back to being the number 1 ranked team for the next 4 years.

I am hoping the French will get up for their semi as they are my second team in this competition but there is an old adage that says "France has one good game in them at every world cup " and I suspect they used that against England.
October 10th, 2011  
Warwick

Ahhhh its going to be a boring final if its the same old teams playing!
Commisserations to those knocked out.
October 10th, 2011  
MontyB

Quote:
Ahhhh its going to be a boring final if its the same old teams playing!
Commisserations to those knocked out.
I think the smart money would be on an Australia v Wales final at this point, I seriously doubt we have 15 fit players left in the country at this point so I wouldn't be surprised if we go down by 15-20 points in the semi.

Wales have been playing well though but I think their weakness is in the centers, when the Irish actually ran at them instead of into the biggest pile of forwards they could find they ran over top of the Welsh every time.

On the brighter side Wales have never made a final so at least it wont be the same old teams playing.

Fortunately for me England are not going to win it as that would be the most depressing outcome possible, the four remaining teams are entertaining teams and that is what rugby needs to show case itself for future growth, not these "its all about winning even if we have to wake the spectators after the game" teams.
October 10th, 2011  
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
I think the smart money would be on an Australia v Wales final at this point, I seriously doubt we have 15 fit players left in the country at this point so I wouldn't be surprised if we go down by 15-20 points in the semi.

Wales have been playing well though but I think their weakness is in the centers, when the Irish actually ran at them instead of into the biggest pile of forwards they could find they ran over top of the Welsh every time.

On the brighter side Wales have never made a final so at least it wont be the same old teams playing.

Fortunately for me England are not going to win it as that would be the most depressing outcome possible, the four remaining teams are entertaining teams and that is what rugby needs to show case itself for future growth, not these "its all about winning even if we have to wake the spectators after the game" teams.
You might be right, but something tells me NZ will beat Australia. Home field advantage will fire-up the Blacks against the Wallabies. As a France supporter I would much rather face the Wallbies than the All-Blacks (who already beat us). That's assuming France can get by Wales...
October 11th, 2011  
Warwick

I agree with mmarsh, we'll get complacent and a bunch of kiwi kids will smash us from one end of the paddock to the other!!!!
Be interesting if France gets up there though.
October 11th, 2011  
bulldogg

For those reading this and not sure who to root for I offer the following.

Support Wales and you support the planet. They are the ecological choice. Being the smallest country in both size and population still left in the running if they win the celebrations will consume the least amount of natural resources. Its simple logic, if you love the planet and want to make a change then you cheer on the Welsh.

*The preceding message was brought to you by the Welsh Rugby World Cup Save the Planet Foundation*
October 11th, 2011  
MontyB

Quote:
I agree with mmarsh, we'll get complacent and a bunch of kiwi kids will smash us from one end of the paddock to the other!!!!
Be interesting if France gets up there though.
Hmm lets see...

- Our current first five (4th choice) has just got back from injury and hasn't played a test in 12 months, the back up hasn't played in 12 months also and hasn't been in training for the last 3 months.

- Our fullback has just returned from a serious foot injury, played 3 games and limped off in all 3 after about 50-60 mins, the back up broke his shoulder in last weeks game and his back up hasn't played any rugby in 3 months also.

- The Captain has his foot screwed together so he could take part in this tournament has missed 2 games through injury and has only been playing 2/3rds of the matches he has started in.

- On the wings we have a guy returning from a leg injury, and a guy that left the field with a hamstring injury last week that prior to that was out with the same injury.

- One loose forward is playing his 2nd game after being out with a serious injury that sidelined him for most of the year.

- The other loose forward is on form but suffers from reoccurring leg injuries where for which he had 3 stoppages in the last game.

Basically this team is in bad shape and does not have the time to bring replacements up to speed so I think it would be a brave man to pick New Zealand over Australia in this match unless the Aussies play a shocker which is unlikely given that they did that last week.