Is Rugby thougher or easier than American football?

thougher, Rugby American football?

• Total voters
I have to go with rugby. I am a huge NFL fan, but they play with pads and there are a ton of rules on how not to get hurt, rugby is like hockey and football with no pads and little rules.

dougal said:
Looking for an argument?

Ive a feeling it going to be biost.

Kill the attitude.

Never having played a real game of rugby myself, I really can't say, but my roommate a couple years ago played for his university in Chile and traveled around the world with his team (he said the South Africans were the biggest and roughest team they ever played, by the way), and from the stories he told me, I'd agree with Sooners that as far as getting yourself busted up goes, rugby takes the cake. On the other side though, if you did some of the hits you see in football without pads, there would be a lot more dead players.

One interesting fact is that NFL style football, because of its helmets and pads allows the athletes playing to cut loose a bit more. You can hit harder without likely hurting yourself. There are no rules about setting people down nicely if tackled in midair.

Those are the only exceptions I can think of. Otherwise, Rugby is a much more brutal game. The action doesn't stop like American Football and the players are just badass. Just so happens that I love both games!

rugby definately is the more violent of sports, but only becuase football has like a bijillion rules to prevent guys from killing each other.

Rugby, broken my nose for the second time last week and im a winger! The hits look hard in NFL but rugby is more non-stop, ive played in the pack and even on the wing im used to being raked, stamped on, punched etc.

Ye all think Rugby. Now do ye think Ice hockey is tough?

Wellimagine itwith out protective gear!!!!!

Wellthats our lovely nationalsport of Gealic Hurlingwith out the ice.

Anyonehear of it? www.ict.mic.ul.ie/websites/work/conor_brennan/Hurl.ipg

The best one need to see www.icr.mic.ul.ie/websites/work/conor_brennan/photogallery.htm
doesnt work?try shortenit?

www.anfearrua.com

www.gaa.ie/page/all_hurling.html

try www.photocallireland.com for nice pictures

www.anfearrua.com/ViewSection.asp?folder=photos

SHERMAN said:
I said rugby...But you should see 3rd league soccer games here... :D ;)

Man, I so totally agree with you on this one. :D

Broken tailbones, broken legs, severed tendons. That's what lower league soccer is about. The guys think they're Maradonas when in fact they're not even near. I managed to sever my achilles tendon in a division 4 game in here.

i think i'm going with rugby, whenever i see it on espn those guys look pretty nuts. but while we're going here, do rugby players use steroids? or am i starting a whole 'nother argument here...

Man, I so totally agree with you on this one.

Broken tailbones, broken legs, severed tendons. That's what lower league soccer is about. The guys think they're Maradonas when in fact they're not even near. I managed to sever my achilles tendon in a division 4 game in here.

Ouch...Acctually, one time a couple of players were arrested for assault during a game in the lower leauge here(cant remember if it was the 2nd or 3rd...

SHERMAN said:
Man, I so totally agree with you on this one.

Ouch...Acctually, one time a couple of players were arrested for assault during a game in the lower leauge here(cant remember if it was the 2nd or 3rd...

The same here. The lower the leagues are, the more crazy and violent the players get. A couple of years ago, they found one player to be wearing a gun with live ammo in his pants :shock:

Back