Is Rugby thougher or easier than American football? - Page 7

View Poll Results :thougher, Rugby American football?
Rugby 51 80.95%
American football 12 19.05%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

--

December 28th, 2004  
beardo

its because the referee cant see in the scrum
December 28th, 2004  
bushpig1998

Amen!!
December 29th, 2004  
r031Button

There's nothing quite as satisfying as throwing a few fists into the guy who just ran for a try
--
January 2nd, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardo
the worst injury ive heard of is a rugby one involving a testicle

Some guy got tackled and dislocated his hip (I heard thats one of the most painful dislocations) so the physio clicked it back and and the man started screaming.....the physio took a look and saw that his testicle had fallen into the gap during the dislocation...and it was now crushed between his leg and hip...he eventually passed out from the pain...but not before rippeing 3 vocal chords from the screaming

Its a true story just cant remeber the names etc (saw it on telly)
ithink....i need....to ....lie down
January 5th, 2005  
AussieNick

Heard that one about the testicle squashing before, but I reckon it's a bit of urban legend. I've heard it refered to in rugby, grid iron, AFL footy, Soccer etc etc etc. It was always one of those "friend of a friend of mine" stories.
January 5th, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: grrrrrrrrrrrrr

RUGBY...............swing low sweet chariotttttttttt coming forth to carry me homeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..........

Go LONDON IRISH woooohoooooooooo

Ahh dougal but you a union or a League fan.........

I am more a union fan....league its kinda like a touch rugby.............sometimes reminds me of american football.........so is american footie copied from rugby league?
January 7th, 2005  
dougal

Quote:
swing low sweet chariotttttttttt coming forth to carry me homeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..........
That is a prodesant song about killing Catholics
January 8th, 2005  
Lil Hulk 1988

They are totally different games. A rugby player could not play in the NFL or NCAA and vice versa. If it was true you would see a large amout of crossovers. (You can make just a little more playing in the NFL than in any rugby league.) I have played both and rugby is truely taxing and nonstop, but I have played middle backer for a University and BECAUSE I was in the platic armour, I did not care about how hard I hit, didn't even think about it as the 40 stitches in my chin and eye can atest too.
January 8th, 2005  
dougal

Actuly you can play NFL if you were a rugby player and good enough.

Ronan O' Gara the out half for Munster and Ireland was offered a 10 million contract to play with the Dolphins as a kicker.
January 10th, 2005  
Lil Hulk 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougal
Actuly you can play NFL if you were a rugby player and good enough.

Ronan O' Gara the out half for Munster and Ireland was offered a 10 million contract to play with the Dolphins as a kicker.
A KICKER!!! Ok, so have my soccor players, but not many other positions.