Is Rugby thougher or easier than American football?

thougher, Rugby American football?

• Total voters
beardo said:
the worst injury ive heard of is a rugby one involving a testicle

Some guy got tackled and dislocated his hip (I heard thats one of the most painful dislocations) so the physio clicked it back and and the man started screaming.....the physio took a look and saw that his testicle had fallen into the gap during the dislocation...and it was now crushed between his leg and hip...he eventually passed out from the pain...but not before rippeing 3 vocal chords from the screaming :shock:

Its a true story just cant remeber the names etc (saw it on telly)

ithink....i need....to ....lie down

Heard that one about the testicle squashing before, but I reckon it's a bit of urban legend. I've heard it refered to in rugby, grid iron, AFL footy, Soccer etc etc etc. It was always one of those "friend of a friend of mine" stories.

grrrrrrrrrrrrr

RUGBY...............swing low sweet chariotttttttttt coming forth to carry me homeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..........

Go LONDON IRISH woooohoooooooooo

Ahh dougal but you a union or a League fan.........

I am more a union fan....league its kinda like a touch rugby.............sometimes reminds me of american football.........so is american footie copied from rugby league?

They are totally different games. A rugby player could not play in the NFL or NCAA and vice versa. If it was true you would see a large amout of crossovers. (You can make just a little more playing in the NFL than in any rugby league.) I have played both and rugby is truely taxing and nonstop, but I have played middle backer for a University and BECAUSE I was in the platic armour, I did not care about how hard I hit, didn't even think about it as the 40 stitches in my chin and eye can atest too.

Actuly you can play NFL if you were a rugby player and good enough.

Ronan O' Gara the out half for Munster and Ireland was offered a 10 million contract to play with the Dolphins as a kicker.

dougal said:

Ronan O' Gara the out half for Munster and Ireland was offered a 10 million contract to play with the Dolphins as a kicker.

A KICKER!!! Ok, so have my soccor players, but not many other positions.

realy

lundin said:
ive played both sports, and i have to say football. just my thoughts...

seriously you gotta be kinding right? Rugby is the original.............no strings attached..........scrum rip ya head off sport..........us football (no offense) where all that protective gear and stop like every 5 mins in a game for a natter n a cuppa

Lil Hulk 1988 said:
dougal said:

A KICKER!!! Ok, so have my soccor players, but not many other positions.

Actually the out half(fly half, stand off, whatever you call it) is a back in Rugby, he's in charge of setting the play for the backs after the scrum half gets the ball back into play. So he's almost like a quarter back that can hit and run:p

Of course, this is in my Canadian rugby experiance...so it'salmost like dougla lecturing me on hockey :p (note the lack of ice in that and remember it)

gooooooooooo rugby

jonny wilkinsonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn has the sexiest bum ever grrrrrrrrrrr...............number 10 TAKE THAT SHIRT OFF!!!!

Aint' nowt wrong with a bit of perving on th rugby side huh

Least with rugby you get to see the manly body and american footie you don't!!

how about

Ah but rugby lads wear shorts, and if they are wearing boxers u can see EVERY THING.............................ooooooo and if they take their tops off..................

dear god....here I was thinking that not all rugby girls were the same :lol: dirty dirty perverts all of you!

Back