Is Rugby thougher or easier than American football?

thougher, Rugby American football?

• Total voters
Ireland 55-6 USA

England 32-16 South Africa

France 14-24 Argentina

Scotland 17-31 Australia

Wales 25-26 New Zeland Great game

Against Scotland

Yeah, I'll take a win any way I can.

By the way, who made it to the grand final of the world cup last year against England. If my memory serves me, it was Australia.... so there :D

lol that was the best game ive ever watched :D

and rugby is far worse...how many American Football players do you see with there ears literally ripped off :shock:

my flight sergeant and cousin to name just 2

Wales 98-0 Japan
Italy 43-25 USA (well done usa)
England 19-21 Ozzy Land (hehe what a game)
Scotland 10-45 South Africa
Ireland 21-19 Argentina (Even better game!)
France 6-3 New Zeland L

At least we got ours back on the world cup :D

We really need a new coach for the wallabies, because everytime we lose he has an excuse.

Ah its good to see scotland playing rugby, even if we lose it doesnt matter. We're too drunk to care anyhow, tradition always play a match with hang over.
i agree that england auzzie match should have gone to the auzzie's.

buck shelford getting his TESTICLE ripped out while playing against france back in the eighties. quick visit to the doctor in the dressing rooms and he was back out again!

chewie_nz said:
buck shelford getting his TESTICLE ripped out while playing against france back in the eighties. quick visit to the doctor in the dressing rooms and he was back out again!
Now thats one crazy guy!

the worst injury ive heard of is a rugby one involving a testicle

Some guy got tackled and dislocated his hip (I heard thats one of the most painful dislocations) so the physio clicked it back and and the man started screaming.....the physio took a look and saw that his testicle had fallen into the gap during the dislocation...and it was now crushed between his leg and hip...he eventually passed out from the pain...but not before rippeing 3 vocal chords from the screaming :shock:

Its a true story just cant remeber the names etc (saw it on telly)

As mentioned before, Rugby is a more flowing game. The current South african team is plagued by political crap and is not as good as it should be. Their ball handling sucks.
american Football is a tough game, make no mistake. I tried to get into it while in highschool, but failed the physical - too many "problems" with knees, back, hearing, too many joint problems. The doc just asked "What the hell have you been up to the past 16 years?" - reply? Rugby!
I can say that Rugby ruins every Winter for me!
I played support (Not sure about the English name for this position - the Afrikaans name is Stut). Basically in the scrum everytime. A lot of dirty stuff going on in there. I played League for a short while after school but got banned from the local club in SA.
All in All, both are tough games, but AFL has evolved a bit and organizers realized that the helmets and pads are needed to prevent serious casualties.

Back