Is Rugby thougher or easier than American football?

thougher, Rugby American football?

• Total voters
"Biost," huh? And where's the love for football? Come on, America! Speak for the great American sport! Where else does it reqire all that padding to take repeated blows from 350+ lb linemen and where else do you find world class sprinters who are also world class high jumpers who can ALSO catch a football? Where's the love?

Its a wonder ye never could get the hang of Rugby then.

I know its probable to tough.

I wouldnt mind taking a hit with all that padding!!!!

While in school we played American football (my school loved to get us doing every kind of sport imaginable), but I play Rugby for my uni now, and I've gotta say Rugby is so much harder and tougher. Effictively it's a more flowing and brutal (read painful) version of American Football.

I learnt very quickly not to stand upright when getting tackled. I played my first couple of games like I was playing AFL, and when I got tackled it felt like I'd been snapped in half.

Rugby under 18 is a protected sport.

Maybe thats why you found it easier.

They dont allow or teach some tackles and line outs until your 18.

Cant have youngsters going around on cruches the whole time

[/quote]ive played both sports, and i have to say football. just my thoughts...

Good man.

Scotland 14-31 Ozzy Land

Wales 36-38 Sout Africa!! ??

Its the only game where its legal to stamp on your oponant if hes in the way, same with charging. And where the man well get up after.

In American its stop and go the whole time and alot of switchs through out

Australia looked impressive, but then scotland are the weakest team out of the hme nations. South africa looked good at times but made too many handling errors, wales played well though coming back into the game like that.

Ah stamping isn't what you'd call legal... If you can get away with it, they'll do it. There is a lot of dirty play, gouging, biting, punching etc etc etc that goes on in rugby.

Actuly it is legal. If a player is caught on the rong side of a rogh a oponant has the right to stand on him to get him out of the way. Within reason

raking is legal, as long as your feet are behind your hips, you cant bounce on an oppeonets head while there on the floor, as one of my friends found out.

As somone who has played Football on the High School level I can say that I enjoy being rocked without pads more then I do with them. How can this be you say? Well first off as a DB Id often gets guys whod lower their heads on me, and going helmet to helmet sucks when your only 5'6 140 and the other guy is 6'2 170. Course I guess it would suck more if that happned without a helmet, but youd prolly die so that would just be incredibly stupid.

Doc wanted to send me to hospital yesrterday but said noway because I was graduating, so she shoot me in da ass with anti inflandroids or something like that and washed it down with Heini. What a doc. Dieing today though.

What a night.!! Come on the Ireland. Lots of springboks out last nite great craic!!

Well 2nd time ever Ireland beat South Africa, frist time being 1965

Ireland 17-12 South Africa

Wales 66-07 Romania

Italy 10-59 New Zealand

England 70-0 Canada

Scotland 100-08 Japan

France 27-14 Australia

Back