Rucksack

Sleeping bag, ground sheet, bivi bag, spare socks, small toiletries roll, octopus straps, cold weather woolen undershirt... and thats about it. The rest of the space is dedicated to other stores such as rat packs, batteries, ammo, ninnox etc etc etc.

Well now my rucksack holds beer, hotdogs, and chips. It really works great for the beach.

Back in service it held sleeping bag, shelter half, extra set of BDUs, MREs, Ammo, cleaning kit, Water, and such.

Whatever the Mission/Exercise/Operation or tour will require and in fact i have several different size's and design's depending which one my experience tell's me i may require!

Browning Black Ice knife, swiss army knife, Leatherman, 1 pair fleece camouflage gloves, lug sole waders, assorted 12 guage shells, you name it.

From bottom to top: spare boots with as many socks I can fit in them, MOPP suit, extra set ACU's, IPFU, skivvies, toiletries, and in the radio pouch; any extra ammo I can scrounge for myself or later for my buddies. In the outer pockets: wet weather gear. Strapped to the top of the ruck, a tanker's roll. Clipped to the side, a trusty E-tool.

Just the bare necessities; the mission will ultimately decide what to bring or leave out.

Last edited:
Dont have one right now...Between units...

Usually dont keep much in there, but here is what i had in there when i had to keep it squared away(during boot and training):
Ground Sheet, Sleeping Bag, Backpack with waters-sealed underwear+socks. Sometimes- Work uniform or coat, sheltr half, spare mags, shovel, and other stuff you hope you will never need......

When I had one? 2 pairs of socks, 2 pairs underwear, one spare uniform, sweater, raingear, mess kit, spare canteen, sleeping bag, mattress, shaving kit, and most importantly, 4 spare magazines for my FN-C1.
Sometimes, a good book, and spare batteries for my flashlight.
Ahh, the good old days....

Dean.

Hah! I saw one, used in my country's army.

they have socks, another set of uniform, spare boots, mess tins, and some other items.

Back