Rubber Ducky

Spartacus

When I was up at MEPS, one of the guys enlisting that day sat with me at lunch. We began the usual "what you going for??" routine. Turns out he was prior 11b and his old unit was being deployed so he hoped to rejoin them. He began telling me about his experience in basic...

The day for weapons distribution finally comes, and the PVT eagerly awaits his M-16, a weapon he is more than familiar with due to his fathers collection of guns and military experience. The DI (a former 18 series) already anticipates his eagerness and promises the PVT a special weapon, just for him. The DI then hands the PVT a rubber ducky, and says "The ya go!" the PVT responds "The Drill Sergeant gave the PVT a Rubber ducky! The PVT cannot participate in the range with a rubber duckie!" The DI responds with "You most certainly can!!" The PVT finds himself on the range with his weapon, aiming the bill and gently squeezing the tail to the weapon's report of "Quack!". He eventually runs into an officer, and the officer asks "Where is your weapon PVT?" the PVT responds with "This is the weapon I was given, SIR!" The officer then asks "How do they expect you to destroy your enemy with a rubber ducky?" and the PVT responds with "Sir, the PVT will pursue the enemy to close quarters and procede to destroy the enemy with his rubber ducky!"

Last edited:
Back