Rubber Bullets more painfull that the real thing?

--

November 11th, 2004  
Aaron

Topic: Rubber Bullets more painfull that the real thing?

Do think that rubber bullets would hurt more than real bullets? I would think so seeing that a real bullets cuts the nerve and a rubber bullet doesn't cut the nerves but hits them and makes a nice purple bruse
November 11th, 2004  
egoz

i wrote this in the riot thread, but my friend got hit by a rubber bullet and broke a rib.
November 11th, 2004  
Aaron

So do you think it would hurt more than a real bullet?
--
November 11th, 2004  
Redleg

A real bullet would/could kill you, a rubber bullet would not (in most cases)...

A non-lethal hit by a real bullet would probably hurt (a lot) more than a rubber bullet hit, since the tissue damage around the entry/exit hole would be very extensive...

But I've also heard of cases where soldiers didn't notice that they had been hit, they just discovered the blood afterwards.
The impact of a high velocity bullet could temporary paralyze your nerves, and I guess that the adrenaline built up in your body during a fire fight would also help a bit with the pain.
But the pain will come after the situation has calmed down..
November 11th, 2004  
Kozzy Mozzy

I once fell on a metal rod just sticking out of the rod. It stuck about 6 inches into my right side and almost cut open my lung. That hurt a hell of a lot more then any kind of blunt trauma I've ever sustained. Which involves, 4 years of Lacrosse goalie, being hit with a hammer, and various other really painful stuff.
November 11th, 2004  
egoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzy Mozzy
I once fell on a metal rod just sticking out of the rod. It stuck about 6 inches into my right side and almost cut open my lung. That hurt a h**l of a lot more then any kind of blunt trauma I've ever sustained. Which involves, 4 years of Lacrosse goalie, being hit with a hammer, and various other really painful stuff.
wasn't that on the discovery channel?
November 11th, 2004  
Kozzy Mozzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by egoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzy Mozzy
I once fell on a metal rod just sticking out of the rod. It stuck about 6 inches into my right side and almost cut open my lung. That hurt a h**l of a lot more then any kind of blunt trauma I've ever sustained. Which involves, 4 years of Lacrosse goalie, being hit with a hammer, and various other really painful stuff.
wasn't that on the discovery channel?
I don't remember being filmed and put on national TV
November 12th, 2004  
ACTaFOOL82

I can make it hurt. 8)

November 12th, 2004  
LIPS

I dont ever want to find out.
November 12th, 2004  
Aaron

I wouldn't mind getting hit with a rubber bullet just not in the stomach. Maybe my left hand so i dont have to right for a few months lol