Rubber Bullets more painfull that the real thing?

Aaron

Do think that rubber bullets would hurt more than real bullets? I would think so seeing that a real bullets cuts the nerve and a rubber bullet doesn't cut the nerves but hits them and makes a nice purple bruse

i wrote this in the riot thread, but my friend got hit by a rubber bullet and broke a rib. :)

A real bullet would/could kill you, a rubber bullet would not (in most cases)...

A non-lethal hit by a real bullet would probably hurt (a lot) more than a rubber bullet hit, since the tissue damage around the entry/exit hole would be very extensive...

But I've also heard of cases where soldiers didn't notice that they had been hit, they just discovered the blood afterwards.
The impact of a high velocity bullet could temporary paralyze your nerves, and I guess that the adrenaline built up in your body during a fire fight would also help a bit with the pain.
But the pain will come after the situation has calmed down..

I once fell on a metal rod just sticking out of the rod. It stuck about 6 inches into my right side and almost cut open my lung. That hurt a hell of a lot more then any kind of blunt trauma I've ever sustained. Which involves, 4 years of Lacrosse goalie, being hit with a hammer, and various other really painful stuff.

Kozzy Mozzy said:
I once fell on a metal rod just sticking out of the rod. It stuck about 6 inches into my right side and almost cut open my lung. That hurt a h**l of a lot more then any kind of blunt trauma I've ever sustained. Which involves, 4 years of Lacrosse goalie, being hit with a hammer, and various other really painful stuff.

wasn't that on the discovery channel?

egoz said:
Kozzy Mozzy said:
I once fell on a metal rod just sticking out of the rod. It stuck about 6 inches into my right side and almost cut open my lung. That hurt a h**l of a lot more then any kind of blunt trauma I've ever sustained. Which involves, 4 years of Lacrosse goalie, being hit with a hammer, and various other really painful stuff.

wasn't that on the discovery channel?

I don't remember being filmed and put on national TV

I wouldn't mind getting hit with a rubber bullet just not in the stomach. Maybe my left hand so i dont have to right for a few months lol

The reason that rubber bullets hurt more is becauses, rubber bullets strike and bruise the nerves and real ones destroy and kill them.

Maybe you should think long term. Is that bullet hole (assuming you live) going to give you hell for the next 20 years?

Back