RSTA

--

September 27th, 2014  
RSTA

Topic: RSTA

Hello,

I'm RSTA and I browsed these forums when I was younger. I've grown up and have some experience now. I did some scouuting stuff and some Infantry stuff. I remember a few things if you have a question pertianing to my background.

Google the username if your curious.

Out.
September 27th, 2014  
brinktk

Welcome, and which squadron were you with?
September 27th, 2014  
Cne C

You're welcome
--
September 28th, 2014  
Sara

Welcome to IMF...
September 28th, 2014  
Sevens

Welcome aboard.
September 28th, 2014  
RSTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinktk
Welcome, and which squadron were you with?

We got off on the wrong foot, I hadn't checked this thread.

1-152 CAV (RSTA)

2 years infantry, 4 years as a scout.
September 28th, 2014  
brinktk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSTA
We got off on the wrong foot, I hadn't checked this thread.

1-152 CAV (RSTA)

2 years infantry, 4 years as a scout.
Glad to have you, did you switch MOS's or were you voluntold since both have similar skill sets.
September 28th, 2014  
RSTA

I started off in a reconnish/QRF/TOW infantry company in a leg Bn. They decided to transition us to full blown recon.

I'd say 80% of our guys were 19d/11b had some 13fox's too, We went from 145ish men to 65 men and thats counting HQ. Platoons in the teens.

Similar skill sets but different doctrine. Allot of our older guys didn't make the transition. Old school grunts who would attack anything, scouting is the opposite. You fire your weapon and it's mission failed.
September 28th, 2014  
brinktk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSTA
I started off in a reconnish/QRF/TOW infantry company in a leg Bn. They decided to transition us to full blown recon.

I'd say 80% of our guys were 19d/11b had some 13fox's too, We went from 145ish men to 65 men and thats counting HQ. Platoons in the teens.

Similar skill sets but different doctrine. Allot of our older guys didn't make the transition. Old school grunts who would attack anything, scouting is the opposite. You fire your weapon and it's mission failed.
I understand the nuances quite well, I was a fire supporter for a long time and spent almost the entirety of my second combat deployment as a small kill team leader. My last assignment was as a fire support officer in an infantry company (bradleys).

All the fisters in the brigade had to do gunnery together and the master gunner running our table 6 was a 19D...he tried to have us do a CFF to the tower (that was totally jacked up) before we would start our engagements....needless to say, an entire brigades worth of fist teams quickly pointed out the error in his grading criteria over the radio...iteration after iteration...lol. It was funny.

On a heavier note, one of the finest NCOs I've ever known was a 19D by the name of SFC Forrest Robertson. Sadly, he was killed in a firefight against the Taliban last November after fighting to get back on the line even though he already had more than 2 years as a PSG previously. He pestered his CSM so much (after he cleaned out bn TOC working as their night battle captain) they let him take over a plt where the psg was relieved. He cleaned up that platoon but was killed leading an assault on a Taliban position 2weeks before coming home. He had already spent 52 months total in combat...he awaits us at Fiddler's Green...
September 28th, 2014  
RSTA

"CFF to the tower" That confuses me, he was sending up cordinates to the tower?

I understand CFF seqence on the senders end, or used to. Once it hits you guys I had no idea

splash over.... splash out.