Royal Marines and heights

I'm only 15 at the moment and am looking seriously at joining the royal marines.The only problem is i have read in several places that in the selection or training they test your head for heights. I have a slight phobia of heights and am wondering if i will still be able to get in.Thanks for any info.

Hm

As a serving officer who also has a problem with heights, I suspect that you might have some difficulty with the Royal Marines.

However, at 15, you have plenty of time to get some confidence. Join the Army Cadet Force or the Air Training Corps and get involved in some adventure training. Go walking in the hills WITH a qualified person and get used to some gentle slopes.

Get fit, get some good exam results and good luck

Finally! Apost worth replying to! Joining the militery at all will be about overcoming slight phobias :D I say go for the extreme and ride an elevator to the top of a building and look over the edge until you are comfortable with it. Then join her Majesty's Marines!

i would say join the ATC best thing i ever did and iv been in 5 years. im also planning to joing the RMC in a couple of years , btw anyone got any advise for getting into shape for it? thnx in advance. I personally are scared a hights, ironic for an air cadet but with work you'll soon let that fear pass. and also its a state of mind :)

Back