Royal Canadian Air Cadets

Trevor

I am a proud member of it, and have been for 5 years. Unlike JROTC, the RCAC is not a school related program, It's a youth program funded by the Department of National Defense and the Air Cadet League of Canada.

THese are our rank equivilants compared to the Civil Air Patrol.

WO1
rkwo1.JPG
=
c14a.gif
C/Col

c13a.gif
C/LtCol

WO2
rkwo2.JPG
=
c12a.gif
C/Maj

c11a.gif
C/Capt

c10a.gif
C/Lt

FSgt
rkfsgt.JPG
=
c9a.gif
C/2Lt

c8.gif
C/CMSgt

Sgt
rksgt.JPG
=
c7.gif
C/SMSgt

c6.gif
C/MSgt

Cpl
rkcpl.JPG
=
c5.gif
C/TSgt

c4.gif
C/SSgt

LAC
rklac.JPG
=
c3.gif
C/SAmn

c2.gif
C/A1C

AC.............................................................
c1.gif
C/Amn

..........................................................................C/Basic

For you navy boys! Here is a chart of Canadian Cadets AirForce > Navy from below!

Warrent Officer 1st Class (WO1) - Chief Petty Officer 1st Class (CPO1)
Warrent Officer 2ndClass (WO2) - Chief Petty Officer 2nd Class (CPO2)
Flight Sergeant (FSgt) - Petty Officer 1st Class (PO1)
Sergeant (Sgt) - Petty Officer 2nd Class (PO2)
Corporal (Cpl) - Leading Seaman/Cadet (LC)
Leading Air Cadet (LAC) - Able Seaman/Cadet (AC)
Air Cadet (AC) - Ordinary Seaman/Cadet (OC)

Just for something to do here, here are the Army Cadet equivalents to the Air Cadet ranks:

Warrant Officer 1st Class (WOI) - Chief Warrant Officer (CWO)
Warrant Officer 2nd Class (WOII) - Master Warrant Officer (MWO)
Flight Sergeant (F/Sgt.) - Warrant Officer (WO)/Sergeant (Sgt.)
Sergeant (Sgt.) - Master Corporal (M/Cpl.)
Corporal (Cpl.) - Corporal (Cpl.)
Leading Air Cadet (LAC) - Private (Pte.)
Air Cadet (AC) - Cadet (Cdt.) or Private(Recruit) (Pte.(R))

Thats a good idea.
More people seem to know how the army ranking system goes better than any. So that would probably be eaiser to compair to.

NCdt Steliga said:
Just for something to do here, here are the Army Cadet equivalents to the Air Cadet ranks:

Warrant Officer 1st Class (WOI) - Chief Warrant Officer (CWO)
Warrant Officer 2nd Class (WOII) - Master Warrant Officer (MWO)
Flight Sergeant (F/Sgt.) - Warrant Officer (WO)/Sergeant (Sgt.)
Sergeant (Sgt.) - Master Corporal (M/Cpl.)
Corporal (Cpl.) - Corporal (Cpl.)
Leading Air Cadet (LAC) - Private (Pte.)
Air Cadet (AC) - Cadet (Cdt.) or Private(Recruit) (Pte.(R))

That's almost correct. An air cadet corporal is actually equal to an army cadet corporal and master corporal, then an air cadet sergeant is equal to an army cadet sergeant.

Here's the full equivilancies between the three elements:

http://www.regions.cadets.forces.gc.ca/pra/6air/rank_e.htm

I was close. I spent the past 6 years as an Air Cadet, but I never really bothered to take real consideration into rank comparison until I hit F/Sgt.

I had the priv of meeting Guy Albert(sp) the Commandant of the RCAirC at the 2004 CAP National Boards in Tampa Florida this year and have a good friend in a unit up in B.C.

Wow, Ive got so many friends from cadets (Army, Air, and Sea. Canadian, Americian, Australian......) Cadets was a great time!

ntt said:
Wow, Ive got so many friends from cadets (Army, Air, and Sea. Canadian, Americian, Australian......) Cadets was a great time!

Matt you may know the friend I am talking about WO(AF) Kayla Fenrick (Ret'd) Air and Departments D/CSNCO WCC (now FSgt(AF/R) WCC

Heh, I was thinking about that stuff at the orienteering comp this year...saw some private and went "so they get authority and LAC's don't? o.o" since they're junior NCM's?

But yeah, I still can't compare the ranks between air and navy :x Ranks of the navy are too long >_>

Well, orientiering is probably one of the main PO's taught in army cadets, even though we do learn it and use it very much in the air element, it's not considered as one of the most important PO's taught. So, for that particular exercise, an army cadet private (even though he/she has no authority) would have some seniority over an LAC, even though the ranks are equivilant. It would be the same as if the army cadets came to an air cadet exercise and were learning aircrew survival, an LAC would have seniority over an army cadet private, because of the knowledge he/she pertains.

But yeah, I still can't compare the ranks between air and navy Ranks of the navy are too long >_>
I'm thinking you're talking army cadets, and not sea cadets, since there are no sea cadet privates (equivilant would be able cadet)

Sea cadet ranks were only confusing while they had QP2, one they got rid of that it was much easier to understand. I miss Air Cadet survival weekends...As much as I love sailing it can't hold a candle to winter indoc weekends

I'm thinking you're talking army cadets, and not sea cadets, since there are no sea cadet privates (equivilant would be able cadet)
Not exactly :-x I was talking about sea cadets...and how their ranks were too long to remember. It had nothing to do with privates :-x

Back