Royal big mouth.

--
Royal big mouth.

February 7th, 2008  
Del Boy

Topic: Royal big mouth.

Royal big mouth.
Let me jump the gun regarding Prince Andew's current visit to USA and his inappropriate remarks regarding Iraq etc.

I wish to apologize for Britain inflicting this character on you. Firstly, the Royal family NEVER comment on such matters, it is not their prerogative.

Secondly, let me assure Americans that, since his service as a young man in the Falklands, this guy has come to represent an outrageous free-loader, and as far as the public know, has never been recognised as having ever said or done anything to contribute to the cause.

He is a main negative in the consideration of the survival of Royalty here.

His personal views are his business, but he carries no weight whatsoever here, and any differences between our countries' attitudes can be considered by far more able men than him, and in my opinion he should watch his mouth, or better still, get off the pot of gold.

Of course, I am always ready to stand corrected by those who can advise better on the subject.
February 7th, 2008  
Team Infidel

so what did he say?
February 7th, 2008  
Del Boy

No sooner had he landed, as I read it, he started spouting that there was a feeling in Britain that the Americans should listen , and should have listened, to us more in post war Iraq etc.. He is there on an alleged trade mission, probably to be effected on the golf course; so that went down like a lead balloon. We hear that it stirred up a lot of hostility.

My point is that he doesn't speak for us, in any case, and is not widely respected, and we expect our Royal Family NOT to spout publically. Also, to anyone upset by his remarks at this time, I wanted to apologize and get that across.

Perhaps I am premature or perhaps it has been buried. Was it blown up on this side?
--
Royal big mouth.
February 7th, 2008  
The Other Guy

Well, I'm siding with him on this one.
February 8th, 2008  
Del Boy

Good for you, young chap.
February 8th, 2008  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Guy
Well, I'm siding with him on this one.
Well without knowing what he actually said it is hard to take a stand on this one, however I do know that Andrew is somewhat more liked and respected in the Commonwealth than either of his brothers.
February 8th, 2008  
Del Boy

I believe that folk here would be happy to let the commonwealth have him - if they think they can afford him and his entourage. He has no popularity here any longer.
February 8th, 2008  
Fox

Prince Andrew, ain't that same guy who flew in the air during the Flakland War in 1980?
February 8th, 2008  
The Other Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox
Prince Andrew, ain't that same guy who flew in the air during the Flakland War in 1980?
yes, that's the guy. But he seems to side liberal, which apparently makes him evil...

Quote:
Originally Posted by del boy
His personal views are his business, but he carries no weight whatsoever here, and any differences between our countries' attitudes can be considered by far more able men than him, and in my opinion he should watch his mouth, or better still, get off the pot of gold.
Hey, at least he's fought in a war, which puts him ahead of most of Congress, and the President of the United States. He's got more experience than Bush does.
February 9th, 2008  
Del Boy

Glad to see your support for our prince TOG, we need all the admiration we can get. But if you think he represents a liberal, then you must be gazing where the sun don't shine. This is our royal family we are talking about, and they live in a far different world from the one you know. In Britain this guy is known as 'Air-miles Andy'. Guess why.