Roy Ryder

maytagmess

Trying to find Roy Ryder's grandson, Capt. Peter Rush, USN. Pete was commandant of US NAS in Japan. I lost him when he was transferred.

Roy was PIC when I flew my 1st plane at age 14, a Gull-wing Stinson in 1938. Later, he was chief test pilot for Grumman, flying F4Fs & TBFs out of Trenton, NJ. after the war he was chief test pilot for Bendix, flying a B-25 testing new avionics.

Trying to find Roy Ryder's grandson, Capt. Peter Rush, USN. Pete was commandant of US NAS in Japan. I lost him when he was transferred.

Roy was PIC when I flew my 1st plane at age 14, a Gull-wing Stinson in 1938. Later, he was chief test pilot for Grumman, flying F4Fs & TBFs out of Trenton, NJ. after the war he was chief test pilot for Bendix, flying a B-25 testing new avionics.

Welcome...

Not sure if this is the guy but this appeared in print recently...

"Ten individuals and five groups have received the award today, and I've been told that this is the largest number to receive the award," said Capt. Peter B. Rush, chief of staff of U.S. Naval Forces Japan. "It may not be widely known to the public, but there are quite a few Americans who spend many hours engaging in community relations efforts, including supporting orphanages, clean-up efforts and caring for the elderly."

http://www.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=53559

Back