rotc or academy

rotc or academy

• Academy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OTS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
it depends on how much of a life you want to live outside of training. in an academy you are expected to be constantly involved where as in an ROTC or JROTC, you can somewhat have a social life.

i myself would go ROTC, I was in NJROTC and loved all 3yrs of it. And i'm not so sure that i want a "career" out of the military, academy pretty much u declare your life to it, but ulimately it's up to you.

njrotc XO said:
academy pretty much u declare your life to it.
Not really. You have to serve eight years after recieving your commision. So in total you spend twelve years in the military. Plus you can retire at forty if you have twenty years service. So you can have plenty of life left after the military. At least 40 or so more years.

nulli secundus said:
njrotc XO said:
academy pretty much u declare your life to it.
Not really. You have to serve eight years after recieving your commision. So in total you spend twelve years in the military. Plus you can retire at forty if you have twenty years service. So you can have plenty of life left after the military. At least 40 or so more years.

well ya that's what i meant, you'd have to serve 20 yrs to retire, and to me thats like a life time. But yes 40 is a young age to retire.

Back