Romance poetry

hawky94

The Brit Pack (probationer)
Hi everyone!

I know that some of you have seen my military/war poems. So, I thought I'd share some of my romantic poetry that I've written.

If only I could be, where you are tonight,
If only I could hold you, close and tight.
Stroke back your hair and kiss your cheek,
Though of our love, we dare not speak.

You see, ours, it's a secret kind of love,
One, seemingly, that only I know of.
I cannot help but think of you, as I lie here alone,
In this cold and empty bed, you're unreachable by phone.

What to do? But sit and write you a letter,
Hoping that you'll understand, there's nothing better.
Nobody better in this world, than you for me,
You're the sugar and the milk, in my perfect cup of tea.

So as I fall asleep, my thoughts turn to you,
Wishing that I were there, clung to you like glue.
I'm chasing shadows, running through your maze,
When I finally reach the end, and you, I'm trapped in your gaze.

Kiss me, hold me, freeze time, so long as I'm with you,
Lips to lips, heart to heart, eyes like glass, I can see straight through.
And what I see, I love, your very heart and soul.
It's passion-filled love, it's complete and whole.

And now you too know, the secret of which I speak,
Run your hands through my hair, kiss my cheek.
And now it's your turn to hold me, close and tight,
Finally now, you are, where I am tonight.

Enjoy! :)

Hi everyone!

I know that some of you have seen my military/war poems. So, I thought I'd share some of my romantic poetry that I've written.

If only I could be, where you are tonight,
If only I could hold you, close and tight.
Stroke back your hair and kiss your cheek,
Though of our love, we dare not speak.

You see, ours, it's a secret kind of love,
One, seemingly, that only I know of.
I cannot help but think of you, as I lie here alone,
In this cold and empty bed, you're unreachable by phone.

What to do? But sit and write you a letter,
Hoping that you'll understand, there's nothing better.
Nobody better in this world, than you for me,
You're the sugar and the milk, in my perfect cup of tea.

So as I fall asleep, my thoughts turn to you,
Wishing that I were there, clung to you like glue.
I'm chasing shadows, running through your maze,
When I finally reach the end, and you, I'm trapped in your gaze.

Kiss me, hold me, freeze time, so long as I'm with you,
Lips to lips, heart to heart, eyes like glass, I can see straight through.
And what I see, I love, your very heart and soul.
It's passion-filled love, it's complete and whole.

And now you too know, the secret of which I speak,
Run your hands through my hair, kiss my cheek.
And now it's your turn to hold me, close and tight,
Finally now, you are, where I am tonight.

Enjoy! :)

You are really good. I see something, you are so young and you are doing this. Perhaps you will be in Stockholm at the December 10th in the future.

Winning a Nobel Laureate for Literature? Perhaps... that's a huge dream... I hadn't even considered getting any of my poems published really, seen as the market, and the publishing companies are rather up-tight about what they will publish in print. Apparently, according to a writing forum I belong to, publishing poetry is nigh-on impossible. :( But, we'll see what happens!

Thanks for the read and words of encouragement :)

Winning a Nobel Laureate for Literature? Perhaps... that's a huge dream... I hadn't even considered getting any of my poems published really, seen as the market, and the publishing companies are rather up-tight about what they will publish in print. Apparently, according to a writing forum I belong to, publishing poetry is nigh-on impossible. :( But, we'll see what happens!

Have you consider writing a novel?

Dude...that just hit me...I am instantly reminded of my significant other who is all the way in texas right now...nice man....

Mine's in Comox, BC. At Cadet Camp, I miss her. I love her, she just doesn't know it yet.

Glad I was able to connect you with that significant other mate. She'll be back soon enough. :)

Mine's in Comox, BC. At Cadet Camp, I miss her. I love her, she just doesn't know it yet.

Glad I was able to connect you with that significant other mate. She'll be back soon enough. :)

More like I hope to finally get back to her soon...Was suppose to go back before the start of july but family issues came up. I love her alot but I have to take care of grandma and my mother first before anything.

Hawky you really have a brilliant talent, don't keep your work from the world publish and let the world share your stunning work.

Hawky you really have a brilliant talent, don't keep your work from the world publish and let the world share your stunning work.

Thanks Brit! I've contacted Legion's in both Canada and the UK, as well as a poetry magazine in BC. As of yet I've had no reply.

I could always self-publish, my father has self-published his own anthology with little success. So, I'm unsure as to whether that is the route to take. Nonetheless, I'll await responses from the Legion's and the Editor of the poetry magazine with baited breath.

Thanks for the read mate. :)

Thanks Brit! I've contacted Legion's in both Canada and the UK, as well as a poetry magazine in BC. As of yet I've had no reply.

I could always self-publish, my father has self-published his own anthology with little success. So, I'm unsure as to whether that is the route to take. Nonetheless, I'll await responses from the Legion's and the Editor of the poetry magazine with baited breath.

Thanks for the read mate. :)

Make a collection of poetry and turn it into a book?

The funny thing is- they always give you that impression...!:2guns:

I'll just keep on writing poetry and see where it takes me. She can give me that impression all she likes ;) Five weeks... just five more bloody torturous weeks... TIME TO PARTY!!! :drink:

You have inspired me to continue crafting my own pieces,

Although not poetry you have reminded me that the budding author will not ever pen his or her first line until the idea of a story antagonizes their minds to such a degree that they feel no other relief exsist until the write it down.

In this regard, as well as my compliments to your poem, you have my thanks.:)

Yes, the three rings of marriage, the engagement ring, the wedding ring, and the suffe(ring). Been there, done that.

Could not agree more with you, my good friend. The funny thing is this- right after you are finished with one relationship, feeling burnt and hurt, after a while, we go looking for another one...

Crazy is it not?

Back