Roman helmets

Fox

Can you hear me now?
Could someone tell me why those crests are different way? Please.

h018c.jpg

AND

centurion_helmet.jpg

must say that the first one is worn by offivers such as a centurion. Second one looks interesting too..but it was aslo for ranks and such..

It seems as though it would be for some sort of recognition, almost like when during WWII the Aussies infantry wore white clothe on their backs so that their officers could see how far they advanced. Maybe it was used by the Generals to see where their officers were, and for easy recognition from the troops.

OORAH said:
It seems as though it would be for some sort of recognition, almost like when during WWII the Aussies infantry wore white clothe on their backs so that their officers could see how far they advanced. Maybe it was used by the Generals to see where their officers were, and for easy recognition from the troops.

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with OORAH.

BaZoOkAzNgReNaDeZ said:
OORAH said:

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with OORAH.

Same here, I think. I think you're right, OORAH.

lol..u yankees dont get it do u?? THE FIRST ONE WAS USED BY CENTURIONS WHICH WERE OFFICERS, OR CAPTAINS OF a 100..the second is just..style. The normal Legionaire helmet didnt have crests above. Instead, they were recognized by armour color, such as silver or gold. NETHING ELSE? 8)

STILL, someone at least THOUGHT that I was right.

I mean really, people think i'm right.

;) :rambo:

Back