What's Your View On Abortion?

• Pro-Life

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Pro-Choice

Votes: 18 62.1%

• Total voters
I'm Pro-Choice for only this reason.
Pro-Life doesn't account for:
- Fetuses with SEVERE deformity and disability that will make life just CRUEL for the child.
- Very early stages of pregnancy (early first trimester) where the woman was raped and has no intention of raising this baby.
- Situations where the birth of the child may be life threatening for the mother.

For what its worth I go for the "Pro-choice" side of this argument.

But given that the thread is going to break down into an emotive religious argument I will retreat to the side lines for now.

For what its worth I go for the "Pro-choice" side of this argument.

But given that the thread is going to break down into an emotive religious argument I will retreat to the side lines for now.
I'm like Monty ... I voted Pro-choice and my selection was a pragmatic NOT A RELIGIOUS or EMOTIONALLY laden decision. I am a man not a woman and who am I to make a decision for a woman that decides what SHE will do with HER body? Also, by what right do the Pro-lifers think they know what is best for a woman ... or ... have a right to do so?

Whenever this topic comes up, the Religious fanatics come out of the woodwork and raise the spectre of killing a life when the 'zygote' is at the cellular level ... and to them I say BS.

I will NOT get into an argument with those who don't believe as I do ... suffice it to say, the extremists of the Pro-life crowd are amongst some of the most dangerous individuals I have ever seen. From shooting abortion doctors, to bombing abortion clinics ... their tactics are NOT CHRISTIAN LIKE ... BUT ARE MORE EVIL THAN SAINTLY.

I number them with the Neo-nazis, the radical anti-Semitic skinheads and the KKK. They should be treated as the terrorists they really are.

Pro-life except in cases of rape, incest, or the life of the Mother. We can't use abortion to cull the herd.

Well, it's been 35 years...any thoughts?

What's your view on abortion?

Yeah - I'll say it , since you ask. The greatest holocaust ever - visited upon the helpless and the innocent, who have no choice whatsoever in the matter. How many generations have been lost?

I stand with more or less Missileer. It is my view as a man.

That's it folks - I'm zipped.

Last edited:
I think that abortion should remain an option up until the first neural activity occurs in the fetus. To me, it's not the meat that makes the person, it's the mind.

That way the mother has a very long time to decide whether she wants to keep it.

I don't think anyone has a right to tell a pregnant woman whether she's keeping the baby or not. She's the one who will have to suffer through pregnancy and labor if she chooses to keep it. And if it is as painful as I've heard it described, that's not a decision that can be made by anyone but the mother.

Even if it were banned, abortions would still be performed illegally anyways. More dangerous for the mother - but a lot of pro-lifers don't care about that.

I'm pro choice for the following reasons:

If a mother is say, 17 years old, then she may have to drop out of high school, effectively limiting her future. The father, if he sticks around, is stuck in the same boat. They will need jobs, which means that no one will be around to watch the kid, so if the mother or father's parents agree to help out, then there goes their golden years. And the kid may end up being neglected and not have as many opportunites as other kids...

So I say end one life instead of ending three plus.

I'm pro choice for the following reasons:

If a mother is say, 17 years old, then she may have to drop out of high school, effectively limiting her future. The father, if he sticks around, is stuck in the same boat. They will need jobs, which means that no one will be around to watch the kid, so if the mother or father's parents agree to help out, then there goes their golden years. And the kid may end up being neglected and not have as many opportunites as other kids...

So I say end one life instead of ending three plus.

So you say kill her son or daughter for the price of a condom, or a pill?

Pro-life except in cases of rape, incest, or the life of the Mother. We can't use abortion to cull the herd.

Same here.

Abortion isn't being used for these kinds of cases in the majority, IMHO.

It is being used for women who are to lazy to go on birth control when they sleep around. They made a "mistake" and an innocent life has to die for it.

I think that abortion should remain an option up until the first neural activity occurs in the fetus. To me, it's not the meat that makes the person, it's the mind.

That way the mother has a very long time to decide whether she wants to keep it.

I don't think anyone has a right to tell a pregnant woman whether she's keeping the baby or not. She's the one who will have to suffer through pregnancy and labor if she chooses to keep it. And if it is as painful as I've heard it described, that's not a decision that can be made by anyone but the mother.

Even if it were banned, abortions would still be performed illegally anyways. More dangerous for the mother - but a lot of pro-lifers don't care about that.

If the mother has to decide (in other than extreme cases) whether she wants to keep it or not she should have been doubling up on birth control. Be on the pill and have a partner wear a condom. Then that choice doesn't have to be made. Reguardless though, it shouldn't be something that is "wait a long time to decide."

Some people believe that partial birth abortion is alright do to the fact that the baby isn't a baby, it's a fetus. However, if every child in it's mother's womb was viewed as a fetus until it draws a breathe on it's own then why are murders that kill both mother and child tried for two murders?

One cannot pick and choose when it's a baby. It is a child from moment of conception.

I think it should be pro-option because the world is becoming a bit overpopulated in my point of view.

Geeze, Adolph, I didn't recognize you for a minute there. Just throw in other "undesirables", mentally ill, dwarfs, gypsies, Jews, handicapped, Catholics, elderly, and you'll really make a difference in the overpopulation problem.

I guess that's where pro-lifers and pro-choice folks differ. No one wants to kill babies; we just disagree on when life begins. It's more of a philosophical question than a legal one.

Don't they?

partialbirthabortion.jpg

I am pro choice, but not pro abortion, as in i would never personally be able to have a girl get one, but dont think you can take away a womans choice to have one.

Pro-Choice. I am a male, but I sure as hell don't want government or the church (ESPECIALLY SOMEONE ELSE'S CHURCH) telling me what I can do with my body.

A few points:

About culling the herd. Strikes as hypocritical to have this opinion but be in favor of the death penalty or be a military hawk. War around the world kills far more than abortion does, and it kills those ALREADY BORN, whereas abortion only kills those not yet born.

The second point is that the PRO-LIFE movement is only concerned about those not yet born. But it never wants to talk about the babies AFTER they are born. And fostercare is FULL of unwanted, sick, drug-addicted, abandoned babies. When PL is ready to fix the overburdened foster-child system then MAYBE it will be on better moral ground.

And finally a fetus is not a baby. The PL loves to blur the lines. But most abortions happen early when the fetus is just a white spot in the mothers womb and nothing more. We eat eggs dont we? Well thats the abortion of baby chicks, its not much different.

Back