Boots

March 30th, 2005  
rocco

Topic: rocket hits helicopter

REMOVED

this clip is why terrorists must die.
March 30th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Looked like a Hind to me. Given the image looked like a digital camera, I'm guessing those where Chechen rebels.
March 30th, 2005  
WarMachine

The turbans remind me of afghanistan. Maybe this was the afghan conflict since i think they were using stinger missiles. Plus i don't think the chechens were so crazy about islam as there were about seperation.
--
Boots
March 30th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Yeah, but the camera quality and shakey-home-cam thing leads me to believe it was shot in the digital age, not hi-8 film or tape.
March 30th, 2005  
Shadowalker

I believe there are quite a lot of muslims in the chechen region, explaining the turban. The country looks too green to be afghanistan and camera quality is too good to be from 15yrs ago.
March 30th, 2005  
Kozzy Mozzy

I actually think that was an Ilga, not a Stinger.
March 30th, 2005  
rOk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzy Mozzy
I actually think that was an Ilga, not a Stinger.
Indeed, either Strela or Igla.

The guy yells so much you'd think he earned his place in heaven ...probably did (think that)-according to his own belief

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco
http://www.compfused.com/directlink/391/

this clip is why terrorists must die.
No, this is/was a legitimate target, any AA soldier would probably do the same...they need to die because of other things.

OT: Russians don't practice decoys anymore?
I heard they installed them during the Afghan campaign, and seeing how this is a pretty similar situation it makes me wonder why nothing flew out of that hind?
March 30th, 2005  
03USMC

Not a Stinger I'll go with Strela. My guess is Checneya. And no that was a viable military target. Like rOk said they need to die for other things.
March 30th, 2005  
Italian Guy

I'd say Chechnya.
March 30th, 2005  
cPFC/SAJROTC

I'd definetly say Chechnya based on the terrain and the one good look you get of the missile launcher operator. I'd say he's probably Chechnyan because they wear (in my expierence), the different style of headdress pictured here.
As for the missile, I'd say Strela.
Did a nice job on the Hind though...