rocket hits helicopter - Page 2

--
Boots

March 30th, 2005  
behemoth79

any chance the vidoe itself may be a hoax? he did wait an awfully long time before he fired.
March 30th, 2005  
cPFC/SAJROTC

My guess was that he was waiting to fire until the helo was in range or he was making an attempt to get a fire acquiring of the target before he loosed. But as always, there's plent of room for speculation since we never do see him fire the missile, nor do we see the missile actually impact against the chopper (only the blast)
March 30th, 2005  
Whispering Death

I see no reason why it would be faked.

I can tell you that the movement of the Hind was very realistic and there is no evidence of digital manipulation.
--
Boots
March 31st, 2005  
behemoth79

im not quesitoning the authenticity of the entire video. just the part where the hind explodes. like said above, we never see the missle fired nor do we see it hit the hind. the view goes from a soldier to the hind and then it explodes.
March 31st, 2005  
Kilgore

I got this video 2 years ago. This video is of chechnya and the helicopter being shot down was a hind. Notice the terrain being green, with vast amounts of trees and hills. This is why its hectic for the russians to eliminate the rebels. In the flat terrain, not really, but in the forests and mountains, its a pain.
March 31st, 2005  
Knightraptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by behemoth79
im not quesitoning the authenticity of the entire video. just the part where the hind explodes. like said above, we never see the missle fired nor do we see it hit the hind. the view goes from a soldier to the hind and then it explodes.
I would think it would be cheaper and less work to actually shoot one down then to digitally manipulate it. :P
March 31st, 2005  
Whispering Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightraptor
Quote:
I would think it would be cheaper and less work to actually shoot one down then to digitally manipulate it. :P
Eh, I know some people who can do really realistic stuff.

For example a buddy of mine just made this volcano sequence in just 4 days on a whim. So you can imagine what they can do when they take their time and really work on it.

13 megs (quicktime)
REMOVED
March 31st, 2005  
Knightraptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightraptor
Quote:
Eh, I know some people who can do really realistic stuff.

For example a buddy of mine just made this volcano sequence in just 4 days on a whim. So you can imagine what they can do when they take their time and really work on it.

13 megs (quicktime)
REMOVED

Yeah but all they have to do to shoot one down is to grab a shoulder laucnhed sam and go out and find a chopper and record it :P Not much work.
March 31st, 2005  
behemoth79

its really not much work. they dont even have to shoot one down. just find a movie of a hind exploding. anyone with a decent knowledge of flash can pull that off.
March 31st, 2005  
WarMachine

The thing is that this pales in comparison to what else the chechen rebels have done, like that attack in the theater in moscow. Oh wait, the russians killed all the hostages, i forgot about that. What's wrong with them?