ROC Chinese Army Award Plaque - Translation Please!

--

October 16th, 2013  
HD_Rider

Topic: ROC Chinese Army Award Plaque - Translation Please!

If anyone can help with the translation of the Chinese writing on these two different plaques, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you, Bob

October 19th, 2013  
MontyB

Well this is annoying me as the only Chinese translator we have is currently in China on vacation and the closest translation I can come up with says that your laundry will be ready on Tuesday (my Chinese is terrible).

However it appears to me that both plaques look very similar?
October 19th, 2013  
HD_Rider

Nice to hear from you again Greg. Yeah, I know its a long shot but I wouldn't have a clue where else to ask such a question.
Ches was awarded the Order of the Cloud and Banner Medal around the same time and I wondered if these plaques were tied to the award.
--
October 20th, 2013  
Pbferst

Okay folks my wife is Chinese and informs me that the Chinese is exactly what the English says.
October 20th, 2013  
MontyB

Well that would make sense.
October 20th, 2013  
HD_Rider

Pbferst, thanks to you and your wife for your reply. Odd to me that they would give a plaque and not state what it is or what it was given for. Bob
October 21st, 2013  
steve ossie

I am sure the lady is right but it does seem strange that they have nt said what the plaque is for ie for service here etc. Also there are so many letters in the Chinese alphabet good luck anyway mate hope you find out. www.steveosbornebritisharmy.com
November 23rd, 2014  
wenyan1507800123

I am a Chinese, I tell you what is China problem?
China now has two governments,
One is the Republic of China in Taiwan (ROC) which is a democratic country
Another one is the People's Republic of China (PRC),controlling today's China mainland, which is a totalitarian state,referred to China
Both sides claim to have China's sovereignty, but also suggested that the two countries is already a fait accompli
In the past we have perceived a US ally China, actually refers to the Republic of China, which is now in Taiwan, not communist China .
November 24th, 2014  
Army0413

Nice picture.