RMA more private.

Italian Guy

Milforum Hitman
The idea of the Registered Members Area was excellent, I mean really. But I have a suggestion: Since we have a lot of people (or just some people) who join, stick around for like a couple of months and then disappear, I was thinking that it would be more serious if we allowed the participation in that section to members who have been active (registered) for like 5 months, or something like that. I would prefer it that way. I mean I don't feel like talking about personal private things when I know any new kid can just read all about that. I believe like 5 months would be decent.
On a sidenote, we could keep the section running, and enforce these new rules for those members who join, say, from today on. What do you guys think?

Although I am a newbie, I entirely agree. If you need to remove me from accessing that section, I am A'OK with it.

An international military forums country club, i like it
will there be a dress code? :CG:

KC72 said:
An international military forums country club, i like it
will there be a dress code? :CG:

Sure: You can see Redleg the first on the left, Doody is the second from the right (next to Missileer) and yeah I'm in the back with Charge and DTop.

Costumes%20Sr%20Ballet%20Pointe.jpg

We're hot, I know.

Italian Guy said:
The idea of the Registered Members Area was excellent, I mean really. But I have a suggestion: Since we have a lot of people (or just some people) who join, stick around for like a couple of months and then disappear, I was thinking that it would be more serious if we allowed the participation in that section to members who have been active (registered) for like 5 months, or something like that. I would prefer it that way. I mean I don't feel like talking about personal private things when I know any new kid can just read all about that. I believe like 5 months would be decent.
On a sidenote, we could keep the section running, and enforce these new rules for those members who join, say, from today on. What do you guys think?
I think that's a good idea! :)

I agree with IG. If you click on the membership button at the top of the page you will see that more than 50% of the members fall into the recruit category i.e. they join and that's about it. I think the stage for joing this forum, (the registerd members) should be 3 months and reached officer ranking of captain in terms of posts. just my opinion.

I agree too, but could we make a special exception for me maybe??? LOL After all, I *have* posted as much, if not more, than many people who have been here for at least 5 months! :lol:

~*Brittany*~

I support the suggestion, but users whose new and active should be considered access.

Italian Guy said:

I specified that myself.

sounds like a good idea to me, but maybe instead of length of membership, we could do a rank/number of posts.

once you hit, say a hundred.
just my opinions.

:rambo:

I'm in favour - good idea IG - but no way am I wearing leotards...at least not in those colours

:lol:

*phew*
im glad i missed that day, i think me leotard was in the wash and i was feeling sick

prehaps make it so people who are already members of this area can put forward the name of someone who isn't and everyone votes or something in secret, and if the majority say yes then they are notified of this, otherwise they aren't

For what it's worth, making the RMA forum more restrictive sounds fine to me, but enforcing some of these new ideas is going to add to the Mods job.

I enjoy some of the general chat forums--they're fun--but if the rank structure is important for some reason, I think the easiest way to give it meaning is to not count some forum areas toward rank. Unfortunately, that would also mean that those posts wouldn't count toward another fun part of IMF--milbucks.

I guess I always thought the RMA section was more a way to encourage registering than for protecting deep, personal discussions from the general public. Anyhoo, you Mods know what you can handle and have a good feel of the posters. I trust that your decisions won't lead to you all getting burnt out and leaving our community.

Back