Rising Tensions in East Asia

Can relations and stability be regained in Asia?

• Yes, it can

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it won't

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CABAL

A few days ago, Anti-Japanese Demonstrations occured in various Chinese Cities which resulted into serious riots. Since this is the voice of several thousands Chinese Citizens, the Central Government however remains mute from the incident and does not wish to comment any further fearing that it will damage Sino-Japanese diplomatic ties. While anti-Japanese sentiment is growing tremendously in China, anti-Chinese sentiment are growing in Japan as well, especially among those who are supporters of the right-wing political party.

Here are other issues to consider:

1. At the same time, the PRC Government and the Japanese Government are now undergoing a serious confrontation over the disputed region of South China Sea while Japan demands China to halt on its exploration for Natural Gas in the region.

2. South Korea is also undergoing tensions with North Korea over the Nuclear Weapons issues. Although it is not certainly clear that North Korea can actually create a nuclear detonation, it is clear however that North Korea has the ability to obtain Nuclear Weapons. Russia, the United States, Japan, and China were involved in Six-party talks in hope to resolve the situation, however Pyonyang does not approve to the negotiations hence the talks went nowhere.

So....please, post your insights.

Note: In this discussion, no one can post anything regarding to the "Taiwan Situation" as it is strictly forbidden to mention the crisis in these forums. So please keep it clean and be respectful! If this discussion is to get out of hand, the Moderators have the right to lock this thread if necessary. For those who are new here, a reminder to read the forum rules before posting. Thank you.

According to North Korea, they called Tokyo a "Political Dwarf". Under that statement, the North Koreans are very clear of their position. However, PRC and Japan are very enigmatic. They often held numerous talks and dialouge but unfortunetily, it appears that these talks are not productive.

Every move Japan makes that seems controversial to both Korea and China relating to Japan's Past war aggressions, relations are often thrown back 20 years behind. Japan is not the only country who receieved hostile behaviors because of past agressions. Germany have suffered this kind of mistrust from Europe as well especially from Italy.

lol, the japanese government is crying over the rocks the chinese threw and the demostrations we did

this is sad, the demostrations and protests are mainly peaceful with some minor violations of the law, but overall it is a peaceful protest

the japanese radicals however, feeling hot headed, shot at a chinese bank in Osaka and threatened to kill chinese if we did not stop the protests

.... a time of year when i wished i was inchina

Cabal...

Can you elaborate Germany-Italy problem?

Japan-China/Korea/Philipine/etc is different. There are unfinished business involved in Asia. I think Japan got away quite nicely compare to Germany. Sense of injustice still deeply felt among many Asian countries. Yes, without Japan acknowledge its wrong doings, yes, it is going to stay like this or even get worse.

In answer to Boobie's query:

The Germany-Italy problem existed since the Nazis Occupation of Italy during the later years of the European War. Currently Germany have been critical about its war past however it appears Italy is uncomfortable having Germany to gain membership in the security council. That is the reason why Germany have difficulties bidding for a seat in the security council, but there are many other factors as well.

A few months ago, I found an article where an Italian Mayor actually accused German tourists to be "loud" and rude in public and seemingly unfit in Italy suggesting Germans are not welcomed. Well it clearly explains the mistrust that can still occur even today.

But this is Europe. The topic is East Asia. So please do not reply to this post. PM me if you have the need to reply to what I have posted above.

Re-Rising Tensions in East Asia

From a geostrategic point of view, I think that East Asia is the most dangerous place at the moment, if I look at possible future conflicts to be honest. The only obstacle at the moment is that a conflict need to start before 2008 or after the Olympics.

Tensions is only the first name IMHO. They are finished with Europe (Ukraine), Africa (Nothing of Interest), Middle East = Syria will fall of itself and they seems to be very cautious with Iran, Paul Wolfowitz former Deputy Secretary of Defense, "are out from the White House" and that is a signal to the world that there will be no more Middle East operations for a while.

Israel seems to have their own problems right now with a possible civil war on their hands so Primeminister Ariel Sharon will sit down silent for a while I think. Now they want East Asia.

South America is still to Important for the west and seems to manage itself (Venezuela and Cuba not included) without to much C.I.A operatives or is it called technical advisors these days too. 8)

Cheers:
Doc.S
:viking:

The anti-japanese protests are due to the posible entrance of Japan in UNSC, China doesn´t want that because there will be another country representing Asian with veto right, and they have boundeire disputes with them....

Yes...

Staruo, there were anti-Japanese protests way before the Japan's bid for UNSC, such as history book content change or modification in Japan's favor, island disputes, sex-slaves, etc.

Japan is a truly great nation on this earth in almost every aspect. Economically, they have the third largest GDP in the word -- the preferred measurement of overall economic output. They are very advanced technologically and culturally. The single greatest missing ingredient is for them to publicly admit to wrongdoing in World War II. It is a sign of maturity that Germany was willing to both confess and denouce their own crimes. Japan's insistant denial demonstrates an unwillingness to be responsible for their own nation's actions, even going so far as to praise many terrible criminals as national heroes. I don't believe that Japan deserves a place in the permanent membership of the UNSC until they cease their ridiculous denials.

On the other hand, lets face it. The UN is useless as is. They are only ever effective at one thing: Providing humanitarian aid. They are virtually powerless as a body otherwise. So if they grant Luxembourg a permanent chair, it makes little or no difference in reality.

Japan is a truly great nation on this earth in almost every aspect. Economically, they have the third largest GDP in the word -- the preferred measurement of overall economic output. They are very advanced technologically and culturally. The single greatest missing ingredient is for them to publicly admit to wrongdoing in World War II. It is a sign of maturity that Germany was willing to both confess and denouce their own crimes. Japan's insistant denial demonstrates an unwillingness to be responsible for their own nation's actions, even going so far as to praise many terrible criminals as national heroes. I don't believe that Japan deserves a place in the permanent membership of the UNSC until they cease their ridiculous denials.

which is why im studying businese... so i can do businese in japan, can anyone guess why??

Back