Rising Tensions in East Asia - Page 2

View Poll Results :Can relations and stability be regained in Asia?
Yes, it can 5 50.00%
No, it won't 5 50.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

April 14th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Japan is a truly great nation on this earth in almost every aspect. Economically, they have the third largest GDP in the word -- the preferred measurement of overall economic output. They are very advanced technologically and culturally. The single greatest missing ingredient is for them to publicly admit to wrongdoing in World War II. It is a sign of maturity that Germany was willing to both confess and denouce their own crimes. Japan's insistant denial demonstrates an unwillingness to be responsible for their own nation's actions, even going so far as to praise many terrible criminals as national heroes. I don't believe that Japan deserves a place in the permanent membership of the UNSC until they cease their ridiculous denials.

On the other hand, lets face it. The UN is useless as is. They are only ever effective at one thing: Providing humanitarian aid. They are virtually powerless as a body otherwise. So if they grant Luxembourg a permanent chair, it makes little or no difference in reality.
April 15th, 2005  
MadeInChina

Quote:
Japan is a truly great nation on this earth in almost every aspect. Economically, they have the third largest GDP in the word -- the preferred measurement of overall economic output. They are very advanced technologically and culturally. The single greatest missing ingredient is for them to publicly admit to wrongdoing in World War II. It is a sign of maturity that Germany was willing to both confess and denouce their own crimes. Japan's insistant denial demonstrates an unwillingness to be responsible for their own nation's actions, even going so far as to praise many terrible criminals as national heroes. I don't believe that Japan deserves a place in the permanent membership of the UNSC until they cease their ridiculous denials.
which is why im studying businese... so i can do businese in japan, can anyone guess why??