Rising Generation of Chinese

godofthunder9010

Most people have heard of the law in China disallowing families from having more than one child. Most also know that having a boy for a child is far more valued than having a girl, and because of this, there have been a lot of cases where a baby girl is drowned in a nearby ditch or killed in some other way. Its a phenominon is one that the Chinese government has certainly tried to stop, but it still occurs to this day.

But that's not what I wanted to discuss. I recently read an article that the fact that the first Culled generation is about to turn 18. The numbers cited are 70% boys vs 30% girls for people of that approximate agegroup in China. I can't vouch for the numbers since I just read them in an article, but it stands to reason that there would be a significant amout of disproportion of boys to girls. What impact will this have on China?? Does the value of a baby girl increase when over half of the rising generation of boys will never have the chance to marry? Does the power of women increase by default simply because they are a rare comodity that not everyone can have? Does that unmarried 40% lead China toward a more agressive, warlike future? (That last was the primary concern cited in the article and not the foremost in my own thoughts, but I suppose it should be mentioned.)

godofthunder9010 said:
Most people have heard of the law in China disallowing families from having more than one child. Most also know that having a boy for a child is far more valued than having a girl, and because of this, there have been a lot of cases where a baby girl is drowned in a nearby ditch or killed in some other way. Its a phenominon is one that the Chinese government has certainly tried to stop, but it still occurs to this day.

But that's not what I wanted to discuss. I recently read an article that the fact that the first Culled generation is about to turn 18. The numbers cited are 70% boys vs 30% girls for people of that approximate agegroup in China. I can't vouch for the numbers since I just read them in an article, but what impact will this have on China??

godofthunder9010. you really made me laugh at your post :D

It is typically a case of brain-wash and propaganda by western media, I would like to see the source.

First, killing baby girl, yes, it happened before, it may happen today too, but believe it or not, it is a very rare/scarce/uncommon cases, it is not like that it happens often/daily/everywhere.

Second, 70 vs 30? I think that article is treating the readers like fools. if it is really so 70 boys vs 30 girls, my god, the whole country would have been in panic :D
Let me tell the true fact than: it is something like 50.05% boy vs 49.95% girls, and Chinese government and scientists are already worring about this a lot, and newspapers are already starting joking that in 20 years China needs to import a lot brides from outside world :lol:

Also very important facts:
Only city people are allowed to have one kid per family, but now this rule is loosing, you may have 2, but then you will not get government benifits like the one-kid families have.
ALL rural area's are allowed to have 2 to 3 kids per family.
ALL minority people (Mongols, Muslims, etc) are allowed to have as many kids as they want.

Considering the traditional attitudes of Chinese toward their women/wives, this may be a tall order. Who would want to come to China to marry unless it IMPROVES their living circumstances?

As already stated, I read it in an article so I'm not vouching for the accuracy of the numbers. I should expect that you would have access to more accurate numbers, but at least you can confirm that there IS a problem.

godofthunder9010 said:
Considering the traditional attitudes of Chinese toward their women/wives, this may be a tall order. Who would want to come to China to marry unless it IMPROVES their living circumstances?

As already stated, I read it in an article so I'm not vouching for the accuracy of the numbers. I should expect that you would have access to more accurate numbers, but at least you can confirm that there IS a problem.

Now, A LOT OF women from Vietnam, N.Korea marry Chinese men.

A LOT OF Russian women are marring Chinese men, very common in Northern China.

2 weeks ago, Holland TV were showing many Dutch women are traveling to China to marry Chinese men :D

China is getting richer and stronger, it will not surprise me at all after some decade more and more foreign women will marry Chinese men.

FlyingFrog said:
godofthunder9010 said:

Now, A LOT OF women from Vietnam, N.Korea marry Chinese men.

A LOT OF Russian women are marring Chinese men, very common in Northern China.

2 weeks ago, Holland TV were showing many Dutch women are traveling to China to marry Chinese men :D

China is getting richer and stronger, it will not surprise me at all after some decade more and more foreign women will marry Chinese men.

Why are Dutch women travelling to China to marry Chinese men? I can't see any obvious reason and certainly it cannot be for economic reasons.

Another point. Isn't China worried that if they allow minorities to have as many kids as they like whilst restricting their own family sizes that in years to come the minorities will no longer be in the minority?

China has had something of a xenophobia problem in the past, so "half-breeds" will likely not be well treated. Not to say that the problem is with ALL Chinese, but enough of them that you wouldn't wanna be half european and half Chinese living as a Chinese citizen.

Why are Dutch women travelling to China to marry Chinese men? I can't see any obvious reason and certainly it cannot be for economic reasons.

Another point. Isn't China worried that if they allow minorities to have as many kids as they like whilst restricting their own family sizes that in years to come the minorities will no longer be in the minority?

Of course not for economic reasons, but purely for looking for true love :D

No worry, first Chinese are really no evils towards minorities, second, all minorities except some Muslims view themselves as normal Chinese, we look same, we share now same cultures, we have no problem with each other at all.

China has had something of a xenophobia problem in the past, so "half-breeds" will likely not be well treated. Not to say that the problem is with ALL Chinese, but enough of them that you wouldn't wanna be half european and half Chinese living as a Chinese citizen.

Oh yeah half-Chinese half-European is well treated very well at least in public, but inside minds of people, they don't like this kind of people to be honest, but I think after some years people getting more open-minded, then it is no problem more, as long as those kids embrace Chinese cultures, that's all. China in long term will look at somewhat the current USA or Europe are, a lot of beautiful mixed people, why not.

So there is no acceptance if they bring their European Culture with them? The US is a melting pot of all the cultures. People don't abandon their traditions just because they emmigrate.

godofthunder9010 said:
So there is no acceptance if they bring their European Culture with them?

What is European culture then? See we have all American pop music, MacD burgers, KenChicken, everything. F1 Grand Prix is riding in Shanghai tomorrow, European culture (at least part of it) is already in daily life of many Chinese, and the influence is simply growing :D

European Culture and American Culture, while they are sometimes very similar, are two very different things. Christmas traditions, holidays ... well just they way they do things all the way around. Can a non-American give me some examples of traditions that you don't find in America, that show up in your country everyday.

Chocobo_Blitzer said:
Boxer rebellion: round two! :evil: :shock:

It will never happen more, Chinese people are more open-minded now :D

Btw, I think it is the turn of some european countries to do "box rebellion" now, what a shame of the so-called democratic country:

Spain urged to punish ware-house arsonists

www.chinaview.cn 2004-09-24 08:31:56

BEIJING, Sept. 24 (Xinhuanet) -- China on Thursday requested the Spanish government to investigate the cause of the fire set to Chinese warehouses in Spain and severely punish those responsible.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Kong Quan said at a press conference in Beijing that China has asked the Spanish government to safeguard Chinese citizens' personal and property security in Spain.

Also on Thursday, Assistant Foreign Minister Shen Guofang called in the Spanish ambassador to China after violence against Chinese shoe shops in Spain's city of Elche.

Shen urged the Spanish Government to take concrete measures to fully investigate the case immediately and punish those involved.

Shen also requested compensation for the losses of Chinese businessmen and action to guarantee the safety and property of Chinese people living in Spain.

Ambassador Jose Pedro Sebastian de Erice condemned the violence and said the Spanish Government has promised to "protect the integrity of (Chinese nationals) and avoid a repetition of such acts," according to sources from the Foreign Ministry.

On Thursday , around 500 people demonstrated in the Carrus industrial zone at Elche chanting "Chinese out" and set fire to the warehouse of a Chinese shoe shop and a container causing losses of 800,000 euros (US$984,000).

Officials from the Chinese Embassy in Spain travelled to Elche on Friday to negotiate with local authorities and urged them to take effective measures to protect the legal rights of Chinese businessmen.

Chinese Ambassador to Spain Qiu Xiaoqi said the Elche incident is the first serious case of violence against Chinese businessmen in Spain, adding that the embassy has strongly condemned the acts.

Chinese circles were in uproar after the incident and some businessmen have shown concern for their future in Spain.

An official with the Chinese Embassy surnamed Lin told China Daily yesterday that the situation has calmed since early yesterday morning and most of the shops have resumed business.

"Most Chinese businessmen have calmed down," Lin said, adding that most Spanish people are friendly towards Chinese.

Ten suspects were arrested on Thursday and another five were arrested yesterday by local police with investigations continuing, said Lin.

Lin said it is still too early to say whether there are "deeper motivations behind the case."

Local residents said that before the violence some anonymous leaflets protesting cheap shoes from Asia were circulated in the zone. Some leaflets even encouraged arson.

Local officials said the protests were organized by a "small, non-representative group" acting without authorization.

Elche, located in the southeast of the country, is the capital of Spain's footwear industry. In the past two years, the number of Chinese shoe shops in Elche has grown to over 60. Chinese shoe shops in Spain cater to a wide range of styles from children to ladies and gents.

"Good quality and reasonable prices have made Chinese shoes very popular here in recent years and it is also why Chinese shoe shops boomed so rapidly in Spain," Lin said.

(China Daily/Xinhua)

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2004-09/24/content_2014918.htm

Chocobo_Blitzer said:
LOL oh yeah, people don't care for the whole outsourcing thing.

lol :D

yeah "outsource" for many companies is a MUST, if they don't outsource, then they will lose market, since they can't compete more in the global market warfare :D

godofthunder9010 said:
European Culture and American Culture, while they are sometimes very similar, are two very different things. Christmas traditions, holidays ... well just they way they do things all the way around. Can a non-American give me some examples of traditions that you don't find in America, that show up in your country everyday.

In the UK we don't celebrate Thanksgiving. But every other tradition aside from 4th July of course we celebrate, although our Father's day falls on a different day from yours for some reason.

Sooner or later, people figure out that the more open your economics and trade are, the better off you end up in almost all instances. Course I don't know about sending tech support jobs overseas for one major reason: People can't understand what the tech is saying.

Hhehehe...

I love Half-Breed Babies. I was born in China.

It was true that Chinese didn't really liek 1/2 breeds. However, the "now generation" doesn't really mind of 1/2 breeds. No matter wheere you go, 1/2 breeds would be treated with cautions in the beginning. Time will change the perception.

Godofthunder, that tech thing cracked me up. You said it rihgt.

godofthunder9010 said:
European Culture and American Culture, while they are sometimes very similar,

I dont see a similar at all, European people, as far as I have met (many of them), are very very internationlism.
American, man, if you go to Texas or Alabama on July 4th, you will feel you live in American Nazi style country. American save Europe from Nazi......but part of America is evolved into Nazi. That is really horrible.

"oh! oh! USA!"----man, horrible.

sorry, off topic. :roll:

Back