Rising Generation of Chinese - Page 2

--

September 25th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

European Culture and American Culture, while they are sometimes very similar, are two very different things. Christmas traditions, holidays ... well just they way they do things all the way around. Can a non-American give me some examples of traditions that you don't find in America, that show up in your country everyday.
September 25th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer
Boxer rebellion: round two!
It will never happen more, Chinese people are more open-minded now

Btw, I think it is the turn of some european countries to do "box rebellion" now, what a shame of the so-called democratic country:

Spain urged to punish ware-house arsonists

www.chinaview.cn 2004-09-24 08:31:56

BEIJING, Sept. 24 (Xinhuanet) -- China on Thursday requested the Spanish government to investigate the cause of the fire set to Chinese warehouses in Spain and severely punish those responsible.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Kong Quan said at a press conference in Beijing that China has asked the Spanish government to safeguard Chinese citizens' personal and property security in Spain.

Also on Thursday, Assistant Foreign Minister Shen Guofang called in the Spanish ambassador to China after violence against Chinese shoe shops in Spain's city of Elche.

Shen urged the Spanish Government to take concrete measures to fully investigate the case immediately and punish those involved.

Shen also requested compensation for the losses of Chinese businessmen and action to guarantee the safety and property of Chinese people living in Spain.

Ambassador Jose Pedro Sebastian de Erice condemned the violence and said the Spanish Government has promised to "protect the integrity of (Chinese nationals) and avoid a repetition of such acts," according to sources from the Foreign Ministry.

On Thursday , around 500 people demonstrated in the Carrus industrial zone at Elche chanting "Chinese out" and set fire to the warehouse of a Chinese shoe shop and a container causing losses of 800,000 euros (US$984,000).

Officials from the Chinese Embassy in Spain travelled to Elche on Friday to negotiate with local authorities and urged them to take effective measures to protect the legal rights of Chinese businessmen.

Chinese Ambassador to Spain Qiu Xiaoqi said the Elche incident is the first serious case of violence against Chinese businessmen in Spain, adding that the embassy has strongly condemned the acts.

Chinese circles were in uproar after the incident and some businessmen have shown concern for their future in Spain.

An official with the Chinese Embassy surnamed Lin told China Daily yesterday that the situation has calmed since early yesterday morning and most of the shops have resumed business.

"Most Chinese businessmen have calmed down," Lin said, adding that most Spanish people are friendly towards Chinese.

Ten suspects were arrested on Thursday and another five were arrested yesterday by local police with investigations continuing, said Lin.

Lin said it is still too early to say whether there are "deeper motivations behind the case."

Local residents said that before the violence some anonymous leaflets protesting cheap shoes from Asia were circulated in the zone. Some leaflets even encouraged arson.

Local officials said the protests were organized by a "small, non-representative group" acting without authorization.

Elche, located in the southeast of the country, is the capital of Spain's footwear industry. In the past two years, the number of Chinese shoe shops in Elche has grown to over 60. Chinese shoe shops in Spain cater to a wide range of styles from children to ladies and gents.

"Good quality and reasonable prices have made Chinese shoes very popular here in recent years and it is also why Chinese shoe shops boomed so rapidly in Spain," Lin said.

(China Daily/Xinhua)

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_2014918.htm
September 25th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

LOL oh yeah, people don't care for the whole outsourcing thing.
--
September 25th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer
LOL oh yeah, people don't care for the whole outsourcing thing.
lol

yeah "outsource" for many companies is a MUST, if they don't outsource, then they will lose market, since they can't compete more in the global market warfare
September 25th, 2004  
Doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
European Culture and American Culture, while they are sometimes very similar, are two very different things. Christmas traditions, holidays ... well just they way they do things all the way around. Can a non-American give me some examples of traditions that you don't find in America, that show up in your country everyday.
In the UK we don't celebrate Thanksgiving. But every other tradition aside from 4th July of course we celebrate, although our Father's day falls on a different day from yours for some reason.
September 25th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Sooner or later, people figure out that the more open your economics and trade are, the better off you end up in almost all instances. Course I don't know about sending tech support jobs overseas for one major reason: People can't understand what the tech is saying.
September 27th, 2004  
Boobies

Topic: Hhehehe...

I love Half-Breed Babies. I was born in China.

It was true that Chinese didn't really liek 1/2 breeds. However, the "now generation" doesn't really mind of 1/2 breeds. No matter wheere you go, 1/2 breeds would be treated with cautions in the beginning. Time will change the perception.

Godofthunder, that tech thing cracked me up. You said it rihgt.
September 27th, 2004  
whosewar2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
European Culture and American Culture, while they are sometimes very similar,
I dont see a similar at all, European people, as far as I have met (many of them), are very very internationlism.
American, man, if you go to Texas or Alabama on July 4th, you will feel you live in American Nazi style country. American save Europe from Nazi......but part of America is evolved into Nazi. That is really horrible.

"oh! oh! USA!"----man, horrible.

sorry, off topic.
September 27th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Whosewar, which country are you from anyway?
September 27th, 2004  
whosewar2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Whosewar, which country are you from anyway?
southpole