RIP Reagan

--

June 6th, 2004  

Topic: RIP Reagan

I just heard on CNN that the 40th US president, Ronald Reagan, passed away at 93 years.
My condolences and may he rest in peace.
June 6th, 2004  
RnderSafe

It is a sad day. The finest President this nation has had in my lifetime has gone to a better place.

Let your example continue to show what America can be, and what leadership is. Rest in peace, sir. You have well earned it.
June 6th, 2004  
Mark Conley

I have to agree. This man accomplished so much with his leadership.

Under his direction, our foriegn policys against potential agressors or nations that threatened the peace of the Unite States were re-defined, firmed, and backed up.

Our defense spending was re-routed and applied to making a fighting force technologically advanced to meet the coming needs.

And he could be dryly entertaining! Remember when he out lawed the Soviet Union, in a off mike joke?

Yes, he was a Commander in Chief I followed willingly.

Requiem. Ride off into the Sunset, Ron.
--
June 6th, 2004  
Darkmb101

Rest in Peace sir. May God bless you even after death. You were one of America's finest leaders. Thank you Ronald Reagan
June 6th, 2004  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Conley
And he could be dryly entertaining! Remember when he out lawed the Soviet Union, in a off mike joke?
"My fellow Americans. I've signed a legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."
President Reagan, before a scheduled radio broadcast, unaware that the microphone was already on
http://www.military-quotes.com/funny-quotes-2.htm

RIP Reagan!
June 6th, 2004  
Redneck

Rest in peace, Sir.
June 6th, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Conley
"My fellow Americans. I've signed a legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."
President Reagan, before a scheduled radio broadcast, unaware that the microphone was already on
http://www.military-quotes.com/funny-quotes-2.htm

RIP Reagan!
How about:
I hope you're all Republicans. (To surgeons as he entered the operating room, March 30, 1981.)

They say hard work never hurt anybody, but I figure why take the chance.

I want you to know that also I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience. (during a 1984 presidential debate with Walter Mondale)

Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.

there's more... This was a funny man. He will be missed.
June 6th, 2004  
Sooners1

Not only was he a great President but he was a great man and he will be sorely missed by all. He did numerous things for our Country.
June 7th, 2004  
AFSteliga

Rest in Peace, President Reagan. You will be missed.
June 7th, 2004  
Pogue

I'm not GLAD he died, but I am happy that he has finally moved on..the recent past has been rough for him. He has lived a long fulfilling life. One of America's greatest leaders, he shall be remembered and missed.