RIP Contract at age 34?

Mbaina

Hi everybody, I am finally in position to be able to live my dream of joining the military. I'm 34 years old, not married, have no children and in excellent physical condition. My question is, is it unheard of to get a RIP contract at my ripe old age? I realize I must be in Basic Training before my 35th bitrthday which is next April. Also, I do not have a college degree, but I have been a certified personal trainer for over 14 years.

Go for it.
But you can be sure that the DI's will be on you 24-7
You’re going to fight hard to keep your ass above the water.

Good luck Old Man Pops. :wink:

Age is nothing. I went to Duntroon with 2 guys who were over 40, and they were sorted no worries.

You'll do great.

I'm sure that if you are in good mental and physical shape you will also be able to make it. But the older you are, the more focus will be on whether you can keep pace. That was what I experienced during my own training.

Thank you for the replies and encouragement everybody. Went to the recruit last Friday and filled out some paperwork. My only issue now is I had a misdemeanor marijuana charge 14 years ago (so fukin stupid). He's gonna run a background to see if I'll need a waiver. I'm praying all goes well.

Back