riflery team

istealfreefood

I made it through the first part of the tryouts for the rifle team. tomorrow we are going to have a shootoff. we are shooting the standard Army targets at 50 ft from the standing position. the .22s have a hairpin trigger. it only takes 2 oz of pressure to fire the rifle. if anyone has tips for me i would greatly appreciate it. My target today was pretty good. i had a good group except for one shot that was way off because i fired the rifle without meaning too. i really hate that hairpin trigger.

Hey dude are rilf team is just doing dry firing,but I hope after the test that we have ill be on the rilfe team.

im rifle team commander at my unit, but we fire air rifles so i cant really give you hints for an actual rifle...
heres what is just universal though
1) make sure your body is aligned straight, when you get down into the prone position, center your sight on the bullseye and then close your eye, if you drift off the target your muscling the rifle over and will probably pull the shot in that direction
2) in prone, make sure your get into the lowest position you possibly can, and never move your left elbow (if you're shooting righty), but if you do, go back to the practice targets and shoot again because you just threw off your aim...along that note, put your scope right next to you so that after you take the shot, you can just look down range without even moving
3) cover up your non-shooting eye

i could keep going but i need to do homework...

Well, I was top shooter for 3 years straight. I did what rotc boy said up there^^^^ exactly. heh.....I was just born to be shooter. lol

those are good tips for prone, but we are shooting from the standing position. though the first and last might come in handy. Thanks!

just remember to breathe correctly, put yourself in the most rock-solid shooting position possible, and remember your trigger, and you'll do fine.

Back