Rifleman, and Assultman?

well if you join the USMC, every Marine is a rifleman, i dont know much about a assaultman though, thats 03's specialty

If you are enlisting in the Marine Corps on a 0300 contract you can be placed in the following MOS's at the convience of the Corps.

0311-Rifleman
0313- LAV Crewman
0331-Machine Gunner
0341-Mortar Man
0351-Assault Man
0352-Anti Tank Assault Guided Missile man (TOW Gunner)

As far as which is better every Grunt thinks his MOS is the best. My primary MOS is 0311 so for me, well you know. Each MOS has it's perks. Each MOS it's pains.

An 0351 will be tasked with humping the SMAW or a Javalien. It's more wieght than a 0311 Weapon. Then again a 0311 will end up humping extra ammo for the Pig Gunners (0331's) and extra rounds for the Tube Monkies (0341's). The 0351 generally has to deploy his weapon system from a more exposed position , thu not as much know since Dragon is gone.

Every Marine is a basic rifleman. That means he has qualified with the service rifle and underwent MCT giving him/ her a basic grasp and understanding of Infantry Tactics.

All 0300 series Marines are Professional Riflemen. All 0300 series get the same training as 0311 and 0311 get a bit of their training until the ITB class splits to individual MOS training.

So no matter what you want to be when you hit Geiger or Onofre as a 0300 you'll get what MOS the Corps needs no guarentees only an MOS beginning in 03.

Back