WHICH RIFLE WILL YOU USE?

HERO said:
:biggun: My preference has always been the M-16 assault rifle. Despite many newer types of assault rifles being produced, I still prefer the M-16 though it's an 'old' weapon -- about 30 years old. I like the feel of it, its recoil and ease of use.

Which rifle will you use? :rambo:

i really like the modified versions of the m-16 you know like the m-4 and other suck modifications m-203 attachment. but yes i would have to agree the m-16 rocks!!.

My CAR-15. Collapsible stock, Picatinny railed handgaurds, M16A3 top(Removable carrying handle), Trijicon ACOG sight, and 2 shoulder harness. Attach the 12 gauge shotgun attachment, and I'm golden. Give me a H&K USP in .45ACP as my sidearm, and I'm one happy man 8)
well...either that or my 12 gauge shotgun will do :lol: :lol:

M-4 with a 4x scope and a bipod. I got to use one during our "SEAL training" option at JROTC...and that thing was nice. I'd rather have the '16's longer barrel for long-range work but the portability was nice.

I was thinking about getting a bipod for my CAR 15 (Civilian M4 for those who don't know), but then I figured, eh, no point really. Man, the $$$ I spent on this weapon, I could have put a downpayment on a car or something..it's ok though....

and yes, I prefer the 16" barrel as well. I'll sacrifice 2 inches of maneuverability for the added barrel length. I have a 14" as well, I just never use it.

Pogue said:
My CAR-15. Collapsible stock, Picatinny railed handgaurds, M16A3 top(Removable carrying handle), Trijicon ACOG sight, and 2 shoulder harness. Attach the 12 gauge shotgun attachment, and I'm golden. Give me a H&K USP in .45ACP as my sidearm, and I'm one happy man 8)
well...either that or my 12 gauge shotgun will do :lol: :lol:

By top are you referring to the upper receiver??? (and there are many better reflex sights then the ACOG) The main problem I have found with it is it's instability (the constant zeroing and re-zeroing) and also if the battery goes dead you are screwed un less you have the BIS (Back-up Iron Sight) in witch is inaccurate due to the size of the sight aperture itself and also very fragile ( easily bends and breaks off on occasion) in other words it can't take a lickin and keep on tickin. If you do require some sort of reflex sight (wich I don't understand the point) I advise going with some sort of leopold design that does not require a battery. If you are a decent shot you don't need that crap anyway. Please don't be offended this is just my thoughts on the weapons system you described. However your sidearm is a much better choice than the standard Berretta 9mm.

One question as well. Why the CAR 15 and not just an M-4???
My guess is due to the fact that fully auto is available on the CAR 15. My preference there is definitely just semi auto (ammo conservation). They tried to resolve the ammo problem by creating the 100 round drum for the CAR 15. The problem with that was the drum was spring loaded. When the mag was full the spring is compressed so tightly that you get a double feed every other shot, then when it was almost out you are lucky if the rounds even chamber. I am not trying to change your opinion I am just trying to open your eyes a little. I have used the CAR 15 and those are the problems I came up with.

the CAR 15 is my personal weapon, it wasn't issued to me. Cost me close to 1100 dollars, new. To attain an M4, I would have to jump through political hoops to get a Class 3 liscense., then drop ungodly amounts of money for one. Even with the M16, when in the field and even using blanks, I never use burst.

A3 top, yes I mean the upper reciever. As for the ACOG, I've got nothing but good to say about it...for now. I've had it for only a couple months now, so I'm not sure...we'll see though.

:rambo: Nothing beats the M-16... it's that kind of rifle you won't be afraid it'll fail you when you charge into enemy trenches or buildup area. Never in my mind will I think that my M-16 will jam in that tight and crucial situation.
And it has never failed me. I love it!

U. S. Army M-25 Sniper Rifle
7.62mm gas operated
semi-operated
20 round magazine
match grade barrel
Max. effective range 900 meters
built to operate in severe weather and
harsh environments

I'd use anything with a larger round(perhaps a 6.8 instead of a 5.56?). I want stopping power and knockdown power! :m16shoot: Gimme a frikin .50 cal and I'll be happy :D :biggun: I just wanna big damn gun!

bild_minimi_05.jpg

I'm impatient. Gimmie a SAW SPW, you just cover my 6 with those 16's while I get it done. :twisted:

LCDR_SurfWar said:
M-4 with a 4x scope and a bipod. I got to use one during our "SEAL training" option at JROTC...and that thing was nice. I'd rather have the '16's longer barrel for long-range work but the portability was nice.

WHAT??? SEAL TRAINING????????? ...................... Lucky :? ! What JROTC?

Anyways, I like the M40A3. http://www.snipercentral.com/m40a3.htm

One of those machine grenade launchers would be fun to try out. ;)

Which Rifle to use

G36 with 40mm grenade launcher. M14 and G3 are nice, but they're too heavy to strap on a grenade launcher.

Well I guess you all can imagine which my preference would be , however ; I am saving my $ for a fully auto M4 , as I think that weapon is better for shorter ranges.....my SLR will shoot circles around most others past 200yds.

Back