Rifle Vs. Tank

A man should always take care of and have confidence in his weapon. Just remember the limitations of your weapon, just because you shoot a tank doesn't mean you killed it.

I never thought I would see a stupid question only stupid answers ... this particular question comes very very very close to being a stupid question.

First off, nothing was said about the type of rifle or tank that was being discussed. Was armor piercing ammunition being used by the rifleman or was a new type of rifle launched rocket being used?

Are we talking about a tank commander who is exposed to rifle fire or are we talking about a battle tank that is completely closed up? The answer to this question can have far reaching consequences ... if the tank commander can be taken out with a rifle, a rifleman can then finish the job by dropping a grenade through the open hatch.

SOOOO - if you are going to have a discussion as to who would win a confrontation between a rifleman (rifle) and a tank ... then you will have to be a little more specific with the ground rules to be applied to the confrontation.

Just maybe this question is not a stupid question ... but ... it will surely qualify as one until a 'stupider' one comes along. lol

Seen it, love it. But I think you will find, on close inspection the HE round comes from behind him, not the direction he is firing. I've got it on my computer and watched it frame by frame to try and work it out. Secondly, to be honest, I don't think it is a tank round. I think it is a rocket of some sort.

Chief Bones said:
I never thought I would see a stupid question only stupid answers ... this particular question comes very very very close to being a stupid question.

First off, nothing was said about the type of rifle or tank that was being discussed. Was armor piercing ammunition being used by the rifleman or was a new type of rifle launched rocket being used?

Are we talking about a tank commander who is exposed to rifle fire or are we talking about a battle tank that is completely closed up? The answer to this question can have far reaching consequences ... if the tank commander can be taken out with a rifle, a rifleman can then finish the job by dropping a grenade through the open hatch.

SOOOO - if you are going to have a discussion as to who would win a confrontation between a rifleman (rifle) and a tank ... then you will have to be a little more specific with the ground rules to be applied to the confrontation.

Just maybe this question is not a stupid question ... but ... it will surely qualify as one until a 'stupider' one comes along. lol
It was a rhetorical question. In general, a rifleman does not stand a chance to get into position, aim, and fire at a tank AND make an effective shot before they're killed.

Back