rifle tournament

rotc boy

Our rifle team made it to the regionals for our area. We leave for Colorado Springs tomorrow night:)

Wish us luck:mrgreen:

Uh, not sure if it's the armed drill or markmanship teams, but if it's the markmanship team, they don't use the bullet. They use the air gun and pellets.

It's our marksmanship team, and we use air rifles. Just got back today, our team took 5th place in the Marine Corps JROTC section, out of 8. Considering we qualified to go as 8th out of 8, I figure we did all right. I certainly wish we could have been top 4 so we could go to nationals, but its to late...(Just about 10 points more and we would have made it!)

It was a good experience anyway, and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I'll post some pictures up soon...

Ahh...the .177 Air Rifles.

Good to hear you had a good time out there. You'll have better luck with the next shoot.

Well, half the team that got us there is graduating, along with me. Unfortunately, except for one junior and one sophmore, the other 4 on the JV team are not serious about the shooting, and at the rate they're improving, won't be able to shoot a qualifying score until just before they graduate...

I guess the good news is for the two that care is they can still qualify individually

Back