Riddles!

If there are 50 people in the room and one shakes hands with the rest, that's 49 shakes. There should be 50 x 49 = 2450. Since the second person has already shaken hands with the first, then he only shakes 48 times and each after that shakes one time less than the one before him. Add up 49+48+47 on and on and that will be the same as 1225, or 50 x 49 = 2450/2= 1225. You have to divide the numbers added together by 2 because since each has shaken hands twice, once by the person before him and then the rest of the people in the room.

Think of the people in a line and the first going down the line of 49, then the second guy going down the next 48 and so on.

Last edited:
Think of it this way. Person one shakes hands with the other 49. That 49 hand shakes. Now person one is done. He cannot shake hands with anyone else. So person two shakes hands with the remaining 48 since he already shook hands with person one. That's 97 right there.

I remembered the first flip-flop up-down counters I had in school and that is how they counted, n=(n-1)/2 unless it was connected as a loop.

You...guys....confusing me. Shoot me by the PM, please. I want to understand it. lol

im bringing sexy back
...or maybe just this thread, lol

there is a naked man lieing dead in the middle of the desert with only a broken match laying by him, the match is the reason he is dead, but it did not physically kill him, what happened?

and another one if your feeling lucky

a man walks into a bar and sees a man lying dead, shot in the chest... there are 53 bicycles laying on the ground
what happened?

im bringing sexy back
...or maybe just this thread, lol

there is a naked man lieing dead in the middle of the desert with only a broken match laying by him, the match is the reason he is dead, but it did not physically kill him, what happened?
Because the night at desert are so cold and killed him.....right?

Back