Rice urges Europe to not help arm China

Our Chinese aren't warlike!

40 years ago,western countrys so feared that we controled the secret of citybuster.but time proved that we only use it to protect world peace.
we never use it or even threaten other country.

and now,some people who have an axe to grind magnify the treathen of China,Infact they don't want to see a powerful China to preclude them do vice things.but if you are a bright man,you will see that a powerful china will only good for world peace!

Here is some interesting words coming from France

No Big Arms Sales to China if Embargo Lifted-Chirac

By Elaine Lies

TOKYO (Reuters) - French President Jacques Chirac sought to reassure Japan Sunday that lifting Europe's embargo on arms exports to China would not result in an increase in weapons sales, saying the move was aimed at normalizing ties.

France has led efforts to secure an early end to the European Union embargo, imposed after China's bloody 1989 crackdown on pro-democracy protests, despite pressure from Washington to keep it in place out of fear China may get access to advanced weapons.

Japan has also expressed concern, saying that lifting the embargo could destabilize the Asian region...
READ MORE

Doody said:
Here is some interesting words coming from France

No Big Arms Sales to China if Embargo Lifted-Chirac

By Elaine Lies

TOKYO (Reuters) - French President Jacques Chirac sought to reassure Japan Sunday that lifting Europe's embargo on arms exports to China would not result in an increase in weapons sales, saying the move was aimed at normalizing ties.

France has led efforts to secure an early end to the European Union embargo, imposed after China's bloody 1989 crackdown on pro-democracy protests, despite pressure from Washington to keep it in place out of fear China may get access to advanced weapons.

Japan has also expressed concern, saying that lifting the embargo could destabilize the Asian region...
READ MORE

well thats good news.

feixiang is right, china is not agressive

for what reason and what sacrifice are we willing to take to inavde foreign countries??? there will be alot more sacrifice than gains

taiwan is out of this question because it is a part of china and not a foreign country

other than taiwan the chinese government is not going to jeopardize its economy and people for some stupid islands or piece of uselessland

ifyou want to object just compare china to other countries, then ull see why china is the least agressive among south korea:

vietnam: invasion of cambodia and other indochina countries

japan: a whole load of invasions from the 1800 to now, in the future maybe

unitedstates: no need to say it, it just invades alot

and what did china do... nothing but to protect her territories, that is what the army development is for, i mean cmon, a big country like china needs at least a better army than jap or korea

lol if u can read chinese you wouldnt be posting this

the slogan on the truck reads : criminal gang

the slogan on the person about to be executed reads: murderer of people ( purposely) (name)

these are obviously high0profile criminals who deserve to be excuted for crimes concerning the murder of others

btw this is quite an old pic, which with induced thinking leads to alot more infomation.. during the 80s this is the way criminals were killed, and since prositution, pimping, and other society-ill offences were added to excutions, there were alot more killing to be done

where does it say tibet people???

besides, these are policemen, not military men, since you guys get them mixed up because oldschool chinese police uniforms are field green like the ones found in pla

lmao, look at this guy defending their actions, holy sh#t i really can't believe this

Criminals ? or maybe ppl who wanted a free Tibet ??

I don't think anyone would kill even a rabies infested dog like that

lol, i see your point, but i sorta know how you feel since u dont know all the facts

look, if you could prove they are a minority of china, then maybe, maybe you'll have a chance in changing my views of this pics

anyways that was wayy off topic

look, if you could prove they are a minority of china, then maybe, maybe you'll have a chance in changing my views of this pics

you are just reinforcing everyones belief's about communists by saying that..
what do you mean to say exactly ? , if they are not the minority then it was appropriate to kill them like that ?

And how come only because it shocked you it suddenly became way offtopic ?
you were talking about how peaceful a country China was in the earlier post, so i thought i should just make you remember the past :D

well, it seem to you that china loves to kill minorities and shove them over, so i asked if you could prove that chinese military kills minorites 9 tibetian) in that picture

well, this is off topic because this is about weapons bann, not some misleading picture

got nothing else to speak it seems ?

I never said china likes to kill its minorities, I just posted a few pics ... its good that you are speaking things that the world doesnt even know...guilty mind eh ?

Well since you are not a very good reader i'll repeat my last statement again of this not being offtopic ---

READ THIS --->
you were talking about how peaceful a country China was in the earlier post, so i thought i should just make you remember the past <-- READ THIS

lol, criminal acts and punishments does not reflect how peaceful a country acts, because peace is realted to war, in which has nothing to do with criminals

WHAT !! ?? are you talking about ?

those ppl were fighting for a free tibet, what makes them criminals?....and even if they are criminals no one would excute anyone like that ....not even a rabies infested dog

now i would consider ppl trying to free themselves up from a province for example say "Hunan" as criminals as it has always been a part of china

But what about tibet ?, it was never a part of china, chinese invaded Tibet and killed many a thousand tibetian monks and destroyed their monateries and imposed chinese law on their territory

peace is only related to war? lolol , what and where are you taking your education dude ? ... how can a war ever be peaceful lmfao.

Xion...

Anyone rattles a country's stabilities deem dangerous. You are emotional and refuse to look at other side of the coin. You don't want to look into bombings of civilian buses and residences by Chinese domestic terrorists throughout China. You don't look into how criminals behave against victims in China. Oh, you will just sing anti-China whenever you grab a piece of data, but never analyze what the data contain and represent.

Stop tearing a country apart because your fervent disbeliefs of its land sovereignty. Tibet is part of China. It does not allow secession. Just like India's fervent beliefs of Kasmir as part of its sovereign, it will do whatever it takes to hold on to it.

Furthermore, you are sure the pictures are not propagandas for some political agenda? It is easy for you sing and support any seperation of the State from your end; however, Chinese people die, not you.

xion whatever you are, i have posted several logical explanations and fair reactions from my unbiased point of view in a kind manner way that is easy to understand..

yet you took that and turned it into an illogical debate in which you claim something that doesnt even exist, let me make my point straight

if you can prove they are tibetans, then post again

if you can prove that thousands* of monks are killed, then enlighten me with a source, a picture, a non-biased article, anything logical... :cry:

let me explain to you somethign about tibet, tibet was a little vassal kingdom on the fringes of china, over the years it has been influenced by chinese powers and cultures, and adopted some ways

they had slavery for godssake, that is so aginist the human rights, if you support tibet independence, i can freely claim that you are also supporting slavery?? isnt that contridicted

tibet is also geographically closer to china than any other country, and just because they are not han ethenic doesnt mean they are not chinese, let me remind you again and again that china is made up of 55 minorities

what and where are you taking your education dude

im taking businese in the university of british columbia, maybe go to MIT, dont know

China Wakes : The Struggle for the Soul of a Rising Power
by NICHOLAS D. KRISTOF, SHERYL WUDUNN

First line begins with...
"What do you say to a crumpled young woman after she has seen her brother beaten to death with iron pipes?..."

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0679763937/104-5454623-3559927

Buy that book and read it carefully, its written by 2 Pulitzer prize winning authors

Don't worry it doesn't talk about only anti-chinese propaganda, some good things too , so don't get scared lol

it describes to you how China presents itself to be to the outside world but in fact how it is actually from inside

I respect the age old chinese traditions and your culture and I just admire the fact that China was able to survive as one kingdom for such a long time, but after the comunists won , it has been a hell of a ride for your people

Xion...

I don't understand you logic. Someone disagree with you and immediately you under score them. Peaceful nation refers to its policy towards outside of the domestic governance. If you say, Communist has lesser regards towards human rights, that I can understand.

The first line does not represent China of being unpeaceful. Let me ask you, you are sure the event represented central governmen's tolerance towards the beating. Use other example, does torturing of Iraqi prisoners represent the Law of the United States? Does the past racism records of teh States represent United States being an unpeaceful nation?

Urbanboy said:
let me explain to you somethign about tibet, tibet was a little vassal kingdom on the fringes of china, over the years it has been influenced by chinese powers and cultures, and adopted some ways

they had slavery for godssake, that is so aginist the human rights, if you support tibet independence, i can freely claim that you are also supporting slavery?? isnt that contridicted

tibet is also geographically closer to china than any other country, and just because they are not han ethenic doesnt mean they are not chinese, let me remind you again and again that china is made up of 55 minorities
Being ethnically mostly Han Chinese damns Taiwan to never have the right to a separate existence, even though they are more advanced and developed than China. Tibet, has a very long history as it's own Kingdom with a distinctly different culture and ethnic origins. Yet it is damned to be forcefully annexed by China because they are not Chinese? Or is it because they were still practicing slavery and were more backward? Sounds like China gets to invent the official policy (official excuse really) of "that's part of China" on a case by case basis. Well hell, if you can make up the rules as you go, the USA has the right to forcibly annex Mexico and Central America. We'll think of a reason we had a right to do it, don't worry! ;)

Tibet is part of China today, but it was never given any choice in the matter. It was a military conquest of a country that was independent of the government of China prior to the PLA invading. True, the Manchus conquerred Tibet and made it a vassal kingdom of sorts. And Mongols conquered Russia, but it doesn't give them the right to rule it.

Like it or not, Tibet remains as evidence that the PRC is not above empire building by military conquest. So the original point: that Tibet represents a case of Chinese aggression that differs greatly from any example US aggression in the same time period (so from 1945 to now): Invading, occupying, annexing and staying. On top of that, great efforts were taken to erase all or most of Tibet's unique culture. The point is valid.

All of that aside, the #1 thing that is going to influence EU policy about selling arms to China is not the United States position. EU official policy seems to often bend toward making a point of coutermanding the position of the United States, so long as taking the opposite side remains ethical. The one thing that looks like it could doom that arms deal is the recent resolutions by China promising to invade Taiwan the moment they declare Independence or even promising to invade Taiwan anyways. The bleeding hearts in Europe could not countenance the idea that the military equiipment they sell China "will be used to slaughter of thousands of people."

Back