Rice to Ask for $75 Million to Promote Democracy in Iran

phoenix80 said:
Promoting Democracy In Iran

The Iranian people deserve better. This is a people who are connected to the outside world. It's a great culture. They are great people and they deserve to be able to govern themselves." Ms. Rice says the U.S. will also expand educational exchanges with Iranians. At its height in the 1970s, a peak number of fifty-one thousand Iranians studied in the United States. That figure is two-thousand today. The U.S. "must change this," she says, and the U.S. "is beginning a new effort to dramatically increase the number of Iranians who can come to America, the number of Iranian professionals who wish to visit.

The preceding was an editorial reflecting the views of the United States Government.

Since when has "deserve better" been a ground for action. Many people deserve so much more then they get.... but they don't! It is called life, and that is not fair.
A decline of 49.000 students is not so strange. How hard woud it be to get a student visum since 9/11? Especially when you are Iranian! I guess you'll see the same decline in Afghan, Iraqee and Suadi student.

Ted said:
Since when has "deserve better" been a ground for action. Many people deserve so much more then they get.... but they don't! It is called life, and that is not fair.
A decline of 49.000 students is not so strange. How hard woud it be to get a student visum since 9/11? Especially when you are Iranian! I guess you'll see the same decline in Afghan, Iraqee and Suadi student.

Again showing no clue on how the world works!

It is about an Islamic government trying to build an Islamic terror state around the world and rule your life. You are either against them or with them in this on going war.

The Iranian people are different in many aspects that you cant imagine, they are sophisticated and cultured people, they want to have a democratic elected government and current government of Iran is the Banker of the terrorism in our world and it should be stopped. It is not just a small country in the corner of the world.

Its govt has the potential to destabilize our world and ruin our lives effectively.

You, Europeans, take things very easy and that is why you are always in trouble for that matter.

Maybe we do take it easy or maybe we just refuse to live in constant hyped panic about terrorism.
We deal with the problems at hand quite effectively. All that I find interesting is the Condy Rize is suddenly using "to deserve better" as a motive to spring into action. Because there is so much injustice in the world that doesn't get 1 second of her valuable time.

All that I find interesting is the Condy Rize is suddenly using "to deserve better" as a motive to spring into action. Because there is so much injustice in the world that doesn't get 1 second of her valuable time.

There already lying down a back-up plan in case this "stop Irans nuclear program" thing doesnt work.

Oh yeah, I am sure there is. I reckon that the US isn't the only country with a contingency plan when the dialogue goes down the drain. By they won't be doing that because the people of Iran deserve better, but to prevent worse.

Back