Revolutionary Guards Officers arested in Pakistan

Well maybe POTUS should give Iran a "Stern talking too" about their behavior.

Then him and Hillary can tell us this isn't a wider Jihad and it's a localized problem we don't need to reinforce our current forces and it can be settled by diplomacy. After all it's no longer the War on Terror its an Overseas Contingency Operation.

Except here's the thing. In this case, the Iranians are going after our enemies that are currently out of our reach.
It's not necessarily a good thing at all.

Sorry if an Iranian told me the sky was blue and the grass was green...I'd go outside and check.

It's not what they're saying, it's who their practical enemies are.
Iran is still a threat to the rest of us but in the arena of Afghanistan and Pakistan, their enemies are also our enemies (in most cases anyway). Our guys have a book thick enough to put the Bible to shame regarding what they can hit and what they can't and how etc etc etc etc. The Iranians not so much. Personally I wouldn't mind having Iranians take out a few Taliban sympathetic Pakistanis.

Sorry to sound like I'm discounting them, but after dealing with then Revolutionary Guard before I wouldn't worry too much about them, they are about as efficient as a group of Naval Officers in Medical talking about why their there

Has anyone thought that these guys might have been defecting - after all a strike which kills senior officers in the homeland might startle a few of those that bend the rules and send them running for cover - if so what could the ramifications be forIran, the Revolutionary Guard hierarchy and our posture towards them?

Back