Reverse Parking

Mr KillKill

One afternoon, after a weekend exercise, my reserve unit was packing away equipment at our depot and one of the Lt’s asked me to act as a guide while he backed one of our trucks into the garage. I did the usual bit of standing at the rear of the truck on the drivers side saying the obligatory “Keep it coming, keep it coming”, and he did… until he eventually hit a small car that I didn’t see (to this day I don’t know why not) “OK hold it there”
He got out took one look at the car and then started jumping around like an organ grinders monkey calling me every name under the sun before finally leaving to fill out the paperwork and leaving me standing there feeling more than a little sheepish.
It was at this stage that our Warrant Officer happened past and asked what was happening, after I told him the story I finished by saying.
“It’ OK sir, I didn’t like the C**T anyway (meaning the Lt)”
“That may be” he replied “but it was my F***ING car and I borrowed it for the weekend from my sister.”
Luckily he was one of the few WO’s who was a decent bloke so didn’t give me too much grief about it.:sorry:

Warrant Officers in your Military must be of a different sort than Warrant Officers in the US Military, as most Warrant Officers I have known are very decent, as a matter of fact, I'd be hard pressed to think of one who wasn't at least decent.
On a whole Warrant Officers make up the nicest block of Troops in the US Military, if you ask me.
In the Army we get away with a lot with Warrant Officers as there are Army Bases which have Warrant Officers from the different Services. As in I like to call Warrant Officers "Chief" even though a Chief in the Navy is Senior Enlisted, but Navy Warrant Officers don't seem to mind as they, I believe, were all Chiefs before becoming Warrant Officers, but the Marine Coprs, well Warrant Officers in the Corps like to be called Gunner and not Chief, an awful lot.
Oh the fun we used to have, there was that whole thing of we could choose to salute them or not, and, if you timed it out right and made like you were going to offer a hand salute, but then stopped fast, well some Warrant Officers would end up saluting the Enlisted person (also fun to play with Second Lieutenants in the Army and Air Force, although Marines just seem to get upset over it all).

Back